The Newbies Section

This topic contains 70 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  mturman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

aaikin
    Participant

Hey Joe I just moved from Camp Lejeune, NC. You may also want to check on base. The youth directors are always looking for umpire/sport officials/referees to help with their youth sports programs.

lawdawg2770
    Participant

Hey all I have just registered with the Mississippi HSSA and have been assigned an association. i just need to pay my dues but, have not been contacted by anybody yet. Does anyone have any experience in MS, so i can get the ball rolloing? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark

heyblue26
    Participant

@aaikin 119646 wrote:

Hey Joe I just moved from Camp Lejeune, NC. You may also want to check on base. The youth directors are always looking for umpire/sport officials/referees to help with their youth sports programs.

Yes I would say the Marines are always looking for a few good Umpires. the youth programs on base are good programs.

Anonymous

They’ll likely have clinics before the season starts as well. Sometimes late in the fall.
    If you wait too long to contact them, you’re running the risk of missing their clinics which can be beneficial not only in the areas of mechanics, etc., but can help them meet you, learn your capabilities, etc.

Call them up. Can’t hurt.

bobjenkins
    Participant

He was looking for information in 2011.

Anonymous

Sooooo, I guess my delivery of information is as quick as usual right?!?!?

AugieDonatelli
    Participant
    cajunyankee;143453 wrote:
    Sooooo, I guess my delivery of information is as quick as usual right?!?!?

Your timing is a little slow. Greg Bonin called and said your timing is a little slow. Tim McClelland called and said your timing is a little slow.:eek:

Anonymous
    AugieDonatelli;143478 wrote:
    Your timing is a little slow. Greg Bonin called and said your timing is a little slow. Tim McClelland called and said your timing is a little slow.:eek:

Tim McClelland called but I fell asleep before he could tell me what he was calling about.

heyblue26
    Participant

This is too funny. I have a picture hanging in my office of Jocko Conlan and dressed in his (Hey) day umpire uniform with grin on his face. Seems like he is just happy to a umpire and timing is everything.

AugieDonatelli
    Participant

Yeah, he really butchered that call. You got that right. Worst call I’ve ever seen.

crence1932
    Participant

Hello , I am Crence , newbie over this forum.. I am so much excited to be here finally.. One of my closest friend has suggested me to join this forum.

heyblue26
    Participant

@crence1932 186035 wrote:

Hello , I am Crence , newbie over this forum.. I am so much excited to be here finally.. One of my closest friend has suggested me to join this forum.

Welcome to the ABUA and hope that you will enjoy this site. As a new person feel free to ask questions and there is lots of knowledgeable people on this site. Don’t be afraid if we bark some because we all mean well and you can learn a lot by reading and asking questions. Welcome

John

patrick s
    Participant

@crence1932 186035 wrote:

I would suggest not having your home address posted on a public forum.

rookieblu17
    Participant

hello my name is Jackie and yes I have b()()bs Just wanted to say hello from Ft Lauderdale ..

I hope to read and learn a few things from some of the veterans on the forum

jomatiky
    Participant

@rookieblu17 186521 wrote:

hello my name is Jackie and yes I have b()()bs Just wanted to say hello from Ft Lauderdale ..

I hope to read and learn a few things from some of the veterans on the forum

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.