Nats vs. Mets PU

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  heyblue26 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

new user 1
    Participant

Anyone watching the Nationals vs. the Mets?
    Plate umpire is consistently setting up on the outside shoulder of the catcher on left-handed batters.
    Scary.

Anonymous

Just noticed I put this in the wrong section.
    Sorry about that.

heyblue26
    Participant

@cajunyankee 204848 wrote:

Plate umpire is consistently setting up on the outside shoulder of the catcher on left-handed batters.
    Scary.

I see it all the time here in the KBO (Korean Baseball Organization) The umpires do it here a lot but they get the bell rung up and then realize that they are not in the correct position at all. They say that you are just asking to get hit when you set up wrong.

Rich_Ives
    Participant

@heyblue26 204852 wrote:

I see it all the time here in the KBO (Korean Baseball Organization) The umpires do it here a lot but they get the bell rung up and then realize that they are not in the correct position at all. They say that you are just asking to get hit when you set up wrong.

I think anyone umpiring a MLB game is aware of the exposure.

justus
    Participant

@cajunyankee 204848 wrote:

Scary.

Box Score says it is Carlos Torres. Here is his page on Baseball Reference.

Here is a Link to video of game highlights so you can see it.

The video makes it look to me like he is setting up the same place every time, behind the point of the plate. So as the catcher moves in or out, it makes it look like he is in a different position. Even one over the catcher’s inside shoulder, and at least one that has him looking over the catcher’s head.

heyblue26
    Participant

@rich_ives 204854 wrote:

I think anyone umpiring a MLB game is aware of the exposure.

I totally agree. But here in the KBO its a different story

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.