Forum changes

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  fixdevicehealth 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

umpwhore
    Participant

Hi guys,

It looks like the new forum format is very close…like in the next couple of days. Jason sent me an email and in it he seemed to think that the avatars may be lost. Be prepared to answer questions as they come up about how to upload avatars and why they have been deleted if that is the case. There are also a bunch of new features that are simliar to the features on the officiating.com forum, so please familiarize yourselves with them when the site is up and running. Please also be prepared for any bumps in the road in reard to moderation permissions. I’ll have to create groups and add permissions for you guys, and there may be a delay in doing that. Hopefully there won’t be any delay, but it is a possibility.

Richard_Siegel
    Participant

Will the content of the current threads be saved and carried over to the new site?

imported_BigUmp56
    Participant

I was wondering how much of our previous data will be archived.

Tim.

imported_BigUmp56
    Participant

I was wondering how much of our previous data will be archived.

Tim.

umpwhore
    Participant

hopefully all of it will carry over. that may have contributed to the delay in implementing the new site, but i’m not sure. i do know that it was a big concern that J had, as he wanted to be sure all of it carries over.

umpwhore
    Participant

hopefully all of it will carry over. that may have contributed to the delay in implementing the new site, but i’m not sure. i do know that it was a big concern that J had, as he wanted to be sure all of it carries over.

imported_SocalBlue1
    Participant

There was a HUGE issue with the intial migration due to the size of the database (All messages, etc are actually stored in a database).

As everything is here on the server there SHOULD not be any problems. I did strongly suggest going back to a certain point in time and purging the database so we can conduct a backup/restore in something approaching a timely manner.

Now if Tom would just fix my login I might even be able to help around here …

imported_SocalBlue1
    Participant

There was a HUGE issue with the intial migration due to the size of the database (All messages, etc are actually stored in a database).

As everything is here on the server there SHOULD not be any problems. I did strongly suggest going back to a certain point in time and purging the database so we can conduct a backup/restore in something approaching a timely manner.

Now if Tom would just fix my login I might even be able to help around here …

Anonymous

Guys, 100% of the info will be carried over. I don’t want to lose anything either. Once the new forum is installed, we will be able to fix everyone’s permissions. The old board was seriously messed up with coding. We’ve untangled it finally and will launch within the next day. Of course, there will be bugs to be worked out, but this will be the best board on the net.

Thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Please do not give this link out, it is a preview to our new board:

http://www.umpire.org/forum.php

If you have any suggestions, now would be the time.

Thanks,
    Jason

jasonk

Guys, 100% of the info will be carried over. I don’t want to lose anything either. Once the new forum is installed, we will be able to fix everyone’s permissions. The old board was seriously messed up with coding. We’ve untangled it finally and will launch within the next day. Of course, there will be bugs to be worked out, but this will be the best board on the net.

Thanks for everyone’s patience and understanding. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Please do not give this link out, it is a preview to our new board:

http://www.umpire.org/forum.php

If you have any suggestions, now would be the time.

Thanks,
    Jason

fixdevicehealth
    Participant

People are trusting and using HP Printer from last many decades and this because of the fact that this printer has many unique features and traits like high-quality printing, easy installation and many more. But despite having so many traits there are some glitches which are faced by people while using this printer and that’s when they dial HP printer support to fix the health of their printer. This number stays active at all 24*7 hours and users can avail the help from anywhere in the world.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.