Amateur Baseball Umpire’s AssociationUmpire’s Resource Center
The information center for amateur baseball umpires.
ABUA Individual Membership Benefits for 2018
Annual individual membership dues for 2018 are $55. Umpires who join ABUA will enjoy insurance coverage through December 31, 2016. For your $55 membership investment, ABUA benefits include the following:
- Comprehensive $3 million liability insurance coverage
- $1 million per occurance, 3 times/year, $1,000 deductible
- $100,000 accident medical plan, $1,000 deductible
- Lost game-fee-replacement insurance ($2,000 maximum)
- $100/week – 20 weeks Maximum with one week deductible calculated per day of each game missed
- Insurance plan covers you when working any level of amateur baseball AND softball
- 1 year members only access to special content at www.Umpire.org
- (1 year from date of signup/renewal)
- ABUA eNewsletters sent to your e-mail address
- 10 percent discount on apparel and equipment at Honig’s (800-468-3284; www.honigs.com)
- Special monthly Honig’s equipment and apparel promotions for members only
- 20 percent discount on selected ABUA camps and clinics
- Limited opportunities for USA Baseball and IBAF umpire assignments (membership in ABUA required for all assignments)
- Relocation assistance
- Yearly plastic membership & proof of insurance ID
- Tuition discounts at select Jim Evans Academy clinics
- 10% discount on apparel and equipment purchased online from www.UmpireAcademy.com
- Free gift with membership and renewals
ABUA Premium Membership Benefits
All regular ABUA Membership benefits plus
- $0 insurance deductible on liability, medical and game fee replacement insurance!
- $100,000 Sexual Abuse Defense Insurance
- Covers ANY sport, not just baseball and softball
- Increased lost game-fee-replacement insurance calculated per day of each game missed ($2,500 maximum) ($100/week – 25 weeks Maximum)
- Deeper discounts in ABUA Online Store
- Discounts for Jim Evans Online training courses
- $25 Coupon off any Jim Evans Academy clinic or class
- Advanced online rules, mechanics, and procedures testing
- Exclusive discounts on selected camps and clinics
- Access to a team of respected, accomplished officials who share a commitment to professionalism, high ethical standards, and the advancement of education and training
- Internati onal memberships are only available to umpires working games outside of the U.S. ABUA International Membership includes:
- Full access to ABUA Membership benefits and discounts without any insurance coverage ABUA International Premium Membership includes
- Full access to ABUA Premium Membership benefits and discounts without any insurance coverage
2018 individual membership applications and renewals can be submitted on line!
The ABUA, formed in 1998, is the largest membership association for amateur umpires in the United States. It provides educational programs and resources for youth, high school, and college umpires via its website, www.umpire.org. ABUA members can take advantage of an insurance policy that covers liability, accident medical, and game fee replacement for baseball and softball umpires.
The ABUA assists USA Baseball by nominating umpires for most of their domestic games and also participates in the recommendation process for umpires to work international games administered by the International Baseball Federation.
ABUA’s purpose is to improve the overall quality of umpiring in youth league, high school, and college baseball through innovative training programs and superior educational resources. The Amateur Baseball Umpires’ Association focuses on providing education for baseball and softball umpires only. The ABUA also offers the most up-to-date and comprehensive educational resources available.
Partnering with the Jim Evans Academy of Professional Umpiring adds tremendous value to your ABUA membership. It means that you will now have access to the same educational resources that professional students enjoy. And, you will receive exclusive discounts on clinics, apparel, and equipment. Joining the ABUA will be the best call you make this season!