Go Back   Forums > Pick your level > Professional

Unread 05-28-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
homedas73
No Avatar

homedas73 is just getting started
Post casebook for mlb official rules????

I keep hearing about this "casebook" for mlb rules. Where can I find one? It seems when I search the net, I go in circles...I have seen and held it once in my 20 years of umpiring, but now I want one for myself. Any help would be great......
homedas73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #2
CoachJM
Crew Chief

CoachJM is a beacon of light on a stormy nightCoachJM is a beacon of light on a stormy nightCoachJM is a beacon of light on a stormy nightCoachJM is a beacon of light on a stormy nightCoachJM is a beacon of light on a stormy nightCoachJM is a beacon of light on a stormy night
Cool Re: casebook for mlb official rules????

homedas,

The closest thing to an MLB "casebook" that I am aware of is the Major League Baseball Umpire Manual (MLBUM).

It contains numerous official interpretations of the many ambiguously worded and archaic rules, and has representative case plays for various situations.

It also addresses a number of procedural and administrative aspects of MLB umpire duties.

You can find it ....

Hmm... That's odd. It used to be available in the online store of this site, but it's not listed now.

The next best thing is the PBUC "blue book" which is the minor league equivalent and can be found here:

http://www.umpire.org/store/product_...roducts_id=128

JM
Unread 05-28-2010, 04:45 AM   #3
oneeyedump
Cadet
No Avatar

oneeyedump enjoys it when you click on his icononeeyedump enjoys it when you click on his icon
Default Re: casebook for mlb official rules????

they roled it into the rule book
oneeyedump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #4
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: casebook for mlb official rules????

The casebook can be found in the MLB rule book. You can purchase it right here from the store. Its all rolled up in one as it has been said.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Just some good points to always remember to be come a better Umpire
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote