Go Back   Forums > Between the Lines > Ejections

Unread 05-11-2008, 08:28 AM   #1
EastTNump08
Veteran

EastTNump08 has much to be proud ofEastTNump08 has much to be proud ofEastTNump08 has much to be proud ofEastTNump08 has much to be proud ofEastTNump08 has much to be proud ofEastTNump08 has much to be proud ofEastTNump08 has much to be proud of
Default To eject or not to eject

working a U14 game and its getting a little bit late in the evening and the tournament is still in the pool play round. Away team brings in their stud pitcher to pitch what their coach assmed would be the final inning of the game. He got the three outs too quickly and we had to start a new inning with 3 minutes left in the game. About 40 minutes beforehand the coach asked me how much time was left and i told him the 918 was our cutoff and we couldn't start a new inning after that. So the afore described inning ended at 915. The coach tell his kids to line up and shake hands after the third out to which i respond by yelling from the plate hustle in, hustle out guys. The coach comes down insisting that we told him 915 and he wouldn't make that kinda mistake. You're wrong I know what you told me. I wouldn't make that kind of mistake. I tell him coach, we told you 918, we're not discussing this any longer. Let's play baseball. Heres the kicker, my partner and I are both knoxville natives. The Knoxville stars are the home team and a team from out of KY in the away team. The coach says oh ok i see whats going on here. I thought that the coach was sayin that coach was implying that we were calling in favor of the Knoxville team. Should I have dumpe him or no?
EastTNump08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Bluez13

Bluez13 is just getting started

I would say no. I don't think there is much grounds here for an EJ. However, you could of taken it a step ahead and asked the coach if he was implying if he believed you were cheating. If he says yes, then you obviously dumb him.

On a side note, it is quite possible he knew you said 9:18 or whatever, and was just trying to buy 3 minutes of arguing time. Did you happen to think about that?

I wouldn't of engaged in conversation with him. If it becomes a problem, and I do this, write down your start time on your lineup card.. have each coach initial by it... There will be no problems then.

Just an idea...
Bluez13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
VTponyump
Veteran

VTponyump enjoys it when you click on his iconVTponyump enjoys it when you click on his icon

On a side note, it is quite possible he knew you said 9:18 or whatever, and was just trying to buy 3 minutes of arguing time. Did you happen to think about that?

Doesn't matter...new inning begins when the third out occurs in the previous inning.
VTponyump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2008, 01:48 AM   #4
Bluez13

Bluez13 is just getting started

Typically, yes. However, I have had a tournament where it was written within the rules where it stated that the inning begins when the first pitch is thrown.
Bluez13 is offline   Reply With Quote