Go Back   Forums > Between the Lines > Health & Vision

Unread 02-12-2004, 07:20 AM   #1
TheUmp
Regular

TheUmp enjoys it when you click on his iconTheUmp enjoys it when you click on his icon
Default Overactive Bladder

Any suggestions for an overactive bladder, Three hour games are a long time between potty stops
TheUmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 04:51 PM   #2
TR6ump
Cadet

TR6ump is just getting started
Default Maybe>>

I know there is a drug, my wife took it for a while. Have you talked to your meddie doc?

Kevin
TR6ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #3
Richard_Siegel
All-Star Crew Chief

Richard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond repute

It is important to be well hydrated, espcially on a on hot day. You should do alot of drinking (water only) about 6 hrs before the game and drink nothing more after 2 hrs before the game. All of the excess water will leave your body over the two hours and your body will still be well-hydrated.

On a cool day do the game without drinking. On a hot day, during the game take only a few sips just a few times. That water will go right to your cells and nothing will be left to pee. Your body produces urine continuously, whether you drink or not. The more you drink the faster your bladder will fill and urge you to go.

Studies have shown that good hydration is directly linked to your clarity of judgment and and even the accuracy of your eye sight. However, if you are ususally well hydrated during the day and you have been well hydrated just up to the time you stopped drinking, your body will have alot of reserve water in your cells to minimize the effect of water lose during the game.

I would gladly trade a 4 or 5% deterioration in my judgment for the security of knowning I won't have to work the last hour of the game struggling with the urge to pee! That kind of distraction could even have a worse effect on my judgment !

After doing over 1200 games I can say that I only remember once having to leave the field to pee between innings.

RBS
Richard_Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2004, 06:06 AM   #4
chavezravine1433

chavezravine1433 is just getting started

I drink water continuously, and do not care if I need to hit the john. Being smart about staying hydrated trumps any delay caused by a potty break.
chavezravine1433 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2004, 03:28 PM   #5
Richard_Siegel
All-Star Crew Chief

Richard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavezravine1433
I drink water continuously, and do not care if I need to hit the john. Being smart about staying hydrated trumps any delay caused by a potty break.
I completely agree, if you're working at a site where a bathroom is withon easy access to the field. However, many games I do are at fields where there is no bathroom at all, like a HS on the weekend where the building is closed up or a park with no facilities at all. In some cases if there is a bathroom it is more than a 5 minute walk from the field. I can't imagine telling my partner that I have to use the john and dissappear for 12 minutes!

RBS
Richard_Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:21 AM   #6
Canadaump6
Rookie
No Avatar

Canadaump6 is just getting started

I hate when I always have to pee.
Canadaump6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:25 AM   #7
umpduck11
Veteran

umpduck11 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadaump6
This post proves that you are nothing more than a post-whoring troll.
Why is there no ignore buton here ?
umpduck11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 01:27 AM   #8
Canadaump6
Rookie
No Avatar

Umpduck: This is a quote I wrote a couple weeks back:

"Presutti will continue to build his park and make his facilities better for the enjoyment of everyone. The only way a business can grow is if it gets profits."

I still don't see any reply to it in the Cooperstown Dreams Park post.
Unread 11-19-2006, 03:12 AM   #9
AugieDonatelli
All-Star Crew Chief

AugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

"Presutti will continue to build his park and make his facilities better for the enjoyment of everyone. The only way a business can grow is if it gets profits."

Why don't you prove you're not a friggin' troll, and quit pulling up dead threads and posting to them. We don't do that here. This thread died of natural causes, and then you come along and try to give it CPR. WTF is your problem?
AugieDonatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 03:35 AM   #10
umpduck11
Veteran

umpduck11 is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to umpduck11

Quote:

And you won't see one. LMan is correct, you are a troll, and will continue to be until people stop responding to you. I shall lead the charge, and
challenge the rest of the non-idiot readers ( I.E. not you) to do the same.
umpduck11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 05:24 AM   #11
BigUmp56
All-Star

BigUmp56 has much to be proud ofBigUmp56 has much to be proud ofBigUmp56 has much to be proud ofBigUmp56 has much to be proud ofBigUmp56 has much to be proud ofBigUmp56 has much to be proud ofBigUmp56 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Do you really think this comment of yours added anything to the discussion?

Tim.
BigUmp56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #12
Canadaump6
Rookie
No Avatar

I was kind of asking for advice guys. I find it hard to keep hydrated, at the same time as not having to use the bathroom.
Unread 11-19-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
wonderbread
Cadet

wonderbread is just getting started

Quote:
I was kind of asking for advice guys. I find it hard to keep hydrated, at the same time as not having to use the bathroom.
Drink Gatorade, not water. It's the same ratio of electrolytes and water as your boy naturally contains so taking it in doesn't make your body think you have a ton of extra fluid that needs to be expelled. This tidbit was given to a friend of mine during his MCAT prep course.

Also, try growing a big-boy bladder.
wonderbread is offline   Reply With Quote