|04-17-2012, 07:55 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4Rep Power: 0
Babe Ruth Cal Ripken Major Division (11 and 12 year olds) - Local rule allows all 12 players on the team to bat continuously through line up. F1 takes mound and pitches 1 inning. New pitcher enters in 2nd inning. Can original pitcher pitch in 3rd inning?
(There are not many 'continuous batting' rule book interpretations)
|04-17-2012, 10:55 PM||#2|
Veteran Crew Chief
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Salina, Utah
Posts: 1,302Rep Power: 114
Re: Pitcher Re-Entry
Depends on the League Rules.
Some League or Rule sets allow F1 to re-enter if they stayed on the field.
LL Jr and Srs can retake the mound if they were on the field.
OBR - No
|04-17-2012, 11:49 PM||#3|
All-Star Crew Chief
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Lakeside, California
Posts: 3,195Rep Power: 395
Re: Pitcher Re-Entry
In normal league play, no pitcher may pitch more than 6 innings in a calendar week (starts Monday).
Here are the pertinent rules for pitching and re-entry. See bolded sections:
– Defensive: on the 2nd visit in an inning, the pitcher must be removed from the mound; he may not return as a pitcher in that game.
• There is no game visit limit
– Offensive time outs: no rule limit, but avoid unnecessarily delaying the game
– A starter (who was subbed out) may re-enter the game once
– A substitute may not re-enter the game
– Local rule exception: continuous batting order is an allowed option, with free substitution
– A pitcher who is moved to another position (either between innings or on visit #1, see Conferences above), may return to the mound as a pitcher later in that game. He may return as pitcher at most once per inning (ie a pitcher may change to another position only once during the same inning
– SPR: there is no special pinch runner
So, as long as the local rule is using the continuous batting order, free substitution is allowed, but rule 8.06 still applies for manager visits, and two visits in the same inning means he is removed as pitcher for the rest of the game (However, he can play another position).
Too many clowns, too few circuses.
Last edited by AugieDonatelli; 04-17-2012 at 11:59 PM.