Go Back   Forums > The Lighter Side > Jokes and humor

Unread 11-24-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
jomatiky
Crew Chief

jomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy night
Default Some great "Quotes"

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

How to drive a guy crazy: send him a telegram and on the top put 'page 2.

Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go

The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Crowded elevators smell different to midgets.
Unread 11-25-2011, 06:47 AM   #2
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Some great "Quotes"

[quote=jomatiky;131129]My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

Yep That is funny and if you have not read the book by Durwood Merrill you have got to get it it will make you laugh.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Just some good points to always remember to be come a better Umpire
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
jomatiky
Crew Chief

jomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy nightjomatiky is a beacon of light on a stormy night

[quote=heyblue26;131139]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatiky View Post
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

Yep That is funny and if you have not read the book by Durwood Merrill you have got to get it it will make you laugh.
I kind of like the Yogiisms
Unread 11-26-2011, 12:28 AM   #4
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=jomatiky;131144]
Quote:
Originally Posted by heyblue26 View Post
I kind of like the Yogiisms
Yep those are funny too.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Unread 11-26-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

Here are some more great Quotes from some other baseball figures.

Derk Jeter is a great player. He didn't have to prove it in this series, he could have taken it off and still would have thought he was a great player. Bobby Valentine

Mantle is the only man I saw who was crippled who could outdo the world. Casey Stengel

They just keep coming at you. It reminds me of great fighters-heavyweights who just won't let up. They come at you and wear you down. You think, I'm gonna get 'em" but you don't. the late George Steinbrenner

Last three all by Yogi Berra

It gets late early out there.

It an't over till it's over.

You can observe a lot by watching

Last edited by heyblue26; 11-26-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #6
wayne37
Banned
Veteran
No Avatar

wayne37 has a little shameless behavior in the past

"The only thing worse than a Mets game, is a Mets doubleheader."~Casey Stengel~
wayne37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
richvee
Veteran

richvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this communityrichvee is a pillar in this community

Two of my favorite Yogi-isms..
"When you get to the fork in the road, take it."

"Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
richvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #8
ebbump
Cadet
No Avatar

ebbump is a jewel in the roughebbump is a jewel in the roughebbump is a jewel in the rough

My favorite Yogism: "Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours."
ebbump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 01:56 AM   #9
jomatiky
Crew Chief

Don't know exactly who said it,. But I remember a news conference where a coach was asked "How do you feel about your teams execution"? which he answered "I'm all for it"
Unread 12-04-2011, 09:17 AM   #10
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

My top memory was Don Larsen's perfect game in 1956. Next, of course,was Reggie Jacksons three homers in the final game of 1977 Bob Sheppard New York's incomparable public address announcer since 1951.

Maris was never treated as a champion because he challenged the immortals and won.
Mickey Mantle

That was one of the greatest exhibitions of playing third base I've seen in all my career.
Tommy Lasorda LA Dodger Mgr on Graig Nettles outstanding performance in game 3 of 1978 WS

Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel/ The futiure ain't what it used to be. / I ain't in no slump... I just ain't hitting. all by the great Yogi Berra
Unread 12-04-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
gglove
Cadet

gglove is just getting started

jomatiky, that was the late John Mckay talking about the 1976 (I think that was the year) expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers after the several game losing streak they were in the middle of.
Unread 12-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #12
jomatiky
Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglove View Post
jomatiky, that was the late John Mckay talking about the 1976 (I think that was the year) expansion Tampa Bay Buccaneers after the several game losing streak they were in the middle of.
Absolutely, I can still see him wearing his white golf hat. It's always on NFL Films. Thanks.
Unread 12-05-2011, 04:06 AM   #13
Matt13
All-Star

Matt13 is movin' on upMatt13 is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gglove View Post
Several-game losing streak? Quite an undrestatement. That's like saying Wilt Chamberlain had sex with several women.