Go Back   Forums > Pick your level > Small Diamond

Unread 06-23-2011, 03:45 PM   #1
packerbacker
Rookie
No Avatar

packerbacker is just getting started
Default LL Minors Reentry of Injured Player

Regular season LL, Minors with continuous batting order. Batter gets hit by pitch and coach wants to sit player to ice the bruise/swelling. We could substitute, using the last preceding player in the lineup who is not on base.
Question is if we do this can the injured player reenter later in the game?
Tournament LL seems to require a final decision from a doctor or medical personnel, but I can find no similar language pertaining to regular season play.
packerbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
SocalBlue1
Veteran

SocalBlue1 has disabled reputation
Default Re: LL Minors Reentry of Injured Player

No drama needed, just skip him until the little camper is ready to return. Put the last out on base & play.
SocalBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
Rich_Ives
All-Star Crew Chief

Rich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
Regular season LL, Minors with continuous batting order. Batter gets hit by pitch and coach wants to sit player to ice the bruise/swelling. We could substitute, using the last preceding player in the lineup who is not on base.
Question is if we do this can the injured player reenter later in the game?
Tournament LL seems to require a final decision from a doctor or medical personnel, but I can find no similar language pertaining to regular season play.
The T-rule about the final decision is just that - the final decision. Needed only if there is a dispute.

In regular season there is probably no medical person ON DUTY that would be the final decision maker.

And don't forget - it's only if there's a dispute.

Don't even consider keeping a kid out for an owie.

In regular season if the manager and Mom say it's OK, it's OK.
Unread 06-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
shickenbottom
Veteran

shickenbottom is a jewel in the roughshickenbottom is a jewel in the roughshickenbottom is a jewel in the roughshickenbottom is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_Ives View Post
The T-rule about the final decision is just that - the final decision. Needed only if there is a dispute.

In regular season there is probably no medical person ON DUTY that would be the final decision maker.

I'd be a bit leery sending the kid back out if they took a pitched ball to the head given all the hub-bub recently with concussions. Im not a medical professional, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I like the house I live in and I don't want to risk it even if I have the ABUA insurance policy.
shickenbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
Rich_Ives
All-Star Crew Chief

Rich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond reputeRich_Ives has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shickenbottom View Post
I'd be a bit leery sending the kid back out if they took a pitched ball to the head given all the hub-bub recently with concussions. Im not a medical professional, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night, but I like the house I live in and I don't want to risk it even if I have the ABUA insurance policy.
A pitched ball to the unhelmeted head is not an owie.

A pitched ball to the helmet probably is.
Unread 06-24-2011, 07:58 PM   #6
bigbird69
Crew Chief
No Avatar

bigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond reputebigbird69 has a reputation beyond repute

First, he said it was a HBP, but not what part of the body was hit.

I know I was doing the same age group 3 weeks ago, took a foul off my upper arm... nice purple bruise. Could this occur with an HBP... sure.. and that owie hurts like hell for a few minutes.

If they have 9+ left after letting him sit out, let him. Just skip his spot in the batting order. Though with continuous batting order, moving people in and out of the field is no big deal. I have done this in the past and it just makes you look like you are a human with some compassion. Parents at this age group like that.

If they don't have 9 left, well rule 4 has an item about that.
bigbird69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2011, 12:54 AM   #7
Elfordo
Regular

Elfordo is just getting started

4.04 NOTE 2. sums it up pretty well:

"...when the continuous batting order is adopted...when a child is injured, becomes ill or must leave the game site after the start of the game the team will skip over him/her when his/her time at bat comes up without penalty. If the injured, ill or absent player returns they are merely inserted into their original spot in the batting order and the game continues."

So, yes - no problem puting him right back into the game after the owie starts to feel better.

Elfordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2013, 11:19 PM   #8
pmylumpire13
Veteran Crew Chief
No Avatar

pmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich_Ives View Post

I'd be VERY CAREFUL about that situation. The best thing you can do is STAY OUT OF THE DISCUSSION ALTOGETHER, because, even if "coach" and "mom" agree to send the kid back in, IF the injury becomes worse, guess who they are going to come after - me, the fat man behind the plate.
pmylumpire13 is offline   Reply With Quote