Go Back   Forums > Pick your level > USA & IBAF

Unread 06-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #14
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Umpire's Bad call

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGibes View Post
Ummmm... sitting in a soju tent eating kimchi with rice and sipping on a cold OB....

Stop it!
Hey those are good times. They don't make the big combat bottles of OB like they use do.
"Hite" beer is the number one seller now.

One of Jim Evans 7 laws of Umpiring
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2013, 05:50 AM   #15
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by amuna1225 View Post
All I can say seems that he had made the correct call the first time and then changed his call from what I saw..

Unread 06-22-2013, 06:05 AM   #16
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricka56 View Post
I'd be sick...changing a great call to the wrong call...
...maybe he had some bad Kimchi in his boloney and cheese sandwich.
Maybe it was the hot spicy mustard that he had on his Bologna and Swiss cheese sandwich. I still say that he made the right call the first time.

Unread 06-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #17
bobjenkins
All-Star Crew Chief

bobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond repute

Funny announcers --first he was clearly out and they couldnt believe the safe call, then when they saw the replay they were amazed.
bobjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #18
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
Funny announcers --first he was clearly out and they couldnt believe the safe call, then when they saw the replay they were amazed.
I never seem to be amazed by what the announcers say. The only one that I could really believe would be Vin Scully and he never really takes sides or bashes anyone. He is so colorful and its a sure pleasure to listen to him.

Unread 05-28-2016, 10:04 PM   #19
pmylumpire13
All-Star Crew Chief
No Avatar

pmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mturman View Post
A classic case of bad timing and outcome anticipation...

Aloha,
Mike
Ooooo...BAD combination there.
You can anticipate the play, but NEVER anticipate the call.
Steve
Unread 05-28-2016, 10:06 PM   #20
pmylumpire13
All-Star Crew Chief
No Avatar

pmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond reputepmylumpire13 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyblue26 View Post
I never seem to be amazed by what the announcers say. The only one that I could really believe would be Vin Scully and he never really takes sides or bashes anyone. He is so colorful and its a sure pleasure to listen to him.
I could listen to Vin Scully read the LA PHONE BOOK and I'd be enthralled.
Steve