Go Back   Forums > Pick your level > High School

Unread 02-12-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
umptc71
No Avatar

umptc71 is just getting started
Default More NFHS exam aid

I'm looking for rule references for the following 4 questions. I think I have them correct just can't find anything in the rulebook or case book to support.

32) Coaches may argue a strike call with the plate umpire, provided it is done in an appropriate manner.

33) When a fourth out is properly appealed, the defensive team may select the out which is to its advantage.

91) A batter-runner has one foot completely outside the running lane when the catcher attempts to throw to first base from behind the runner. The runner is out only if he is contacted by the throw.

99) A batter may refuse an intentional base on balls.

My answers are: F, T, F, F

Thanks in advance.
umptc71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: More NFHS exam aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by umptc71 View Post
I'm looking for rule references for the following 4 questions. I think I have them correct just can't find anything in the rulebook or case book to support.

32) Coaches may argue a strike call with the plate umpire, provided it is done in an appropriate manner.

33) When a fourth out is properly appealed, the defensive team may select the out which is to its advantage.

91) A batter-runner has one foot completely outside the running lane when the catcher attempts to throw to first base from behind the runner. The runner is out only if he is contacted by the throw.

99) A batter may refuse an intentional base on balls.

My answers are: F, T, F, F

Thanks in advance.

Below I have provided you the references to your answers. Hope that this helps you now go check out those in the rule book.

To answer your 1st question (32) it is False (10-1-4)
Answer to (33) it is True (9-1-1e)
Answer to (91) it is False (8-4-1g-2)
Answer to (99) it is False (2-4-3)

I would say that you have them correct

One of Jim Evans 7 laws of Umpiring
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote