Go Back   Forums > Between the Lines > General

Unread 11-26-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
TulsaUmpire

TulsaUmpire is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to TulsaUmpire Send a message via Yahoo to TulsaUmpire
Default Zebraweb, Arbitersports and any other assigning systems

With assignbyweb.com shutting down, I'm currently shopping around for a new website to use for assigning. Looking to see if anyone is familiar with Zebraweb, Arbitersports, etc. I've heard that Arbiter costs $4 an official. I'm curious about the price of Zebraweb and if anyone who uses it has any pros and cons about it. Actually, I'm curious about prices and pros/cons of any and all systems.

Thanks,

Sean
TulsaUmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2009, 01:30 AM   #2
loulou
Regular

loulou is movin' on uploulou is movin' on uploulou is movin' on up
Default Re: Zebraweb, Arbitersports and any other assigning systems

I am on the Arbiter and the League Manager.I do not know the cost for League Manager but,they really do not have the features offered by Arbiter.There is a fee per official,which you can pass on.We have used Arbiter for our local group the past 5 years,an once the assigner got all the features down,it has worked out great
Unread 11-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #3
renegadewolf
All-Star

renegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy night

Our local association uses http://www.league-connect.com . I don't know if this will be suitable to your purposes, but from what i have seen of it, its a very nice system. you can schedule games, assign umpires, put in notes, officials and i am assuming coaches can put notes, it's a pretty nice looking system, having said that, I have no idea what pricing is, how easy it is to setup and such, but as an umpire it was very easy to use and conform my assignments
Unread 11-27-2009, 06:41 PM   #4
semper_fi_72
Veteran Crew Chief

semper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond repute

The Local HS Association here uses Arbitersports to assign and a lot of the schools pay through the system.
It also has addresses and contacts for each school as well as contact info for each Association member.
I will also be using the RefPay portion this coming season. It allows you to see payments posted to your account, which you can then request a check or have the money transferred electronically to your bank account. They also have a Debit Card you can use, but last thing I need is another card in my wallet.
semper_fi_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
alex7
Regular

alex7 enjoys spam and reese'salex7 enjoys spam and reese'salex7 enjoys spam and reese'salex7 enjoys spam and reese's

Our association also uses Arbiter and it's as seamless as you could imagine. It's nice to see who you will be working with ahead of time. It allows officials to block out any dates or hours that we are unavailable. It allows us to choose any officials to block (that we don't want to work with). Don't know anyone who uses that but nice to know it's there.

It has a notes section for each assigned game where you can communicate with other officials about the game (what to wear, carpooling, etc.).

Having RefPay saves time as you can get paid directly through that website, then transfer that to your account without ever leaving the house.

Finally, AriberSports was recently purchased by the NCAA, so the technology will likely stay up-to-date. Already it allows officials to tap into some NCAA officials' magazines and videos.
alex7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #6
lustersilk
All-Star

lustersilk has much to be proud oflustersilk has much to be proud oflustersilk has much to be proud oflustersilk has much to be proud oflustersilk has much to be proud oflustersilk has much to be proud oflustersilk has much to be proud of

Arbiter Sports is really awesome. I've used it as an assignor and as an official, and it works great.
lustersilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
TarheelUmp
Veteran

TarheelUmp is just getting started

Another vote for Arbiter. I used Assign by web until about 3 years ago and Arbiter is wonderful, especially for multi sport officials.
Unread 12-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #8
Dano
Veteran Crew Chief

Dano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond reputeDano has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely ARBITER.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Ump25

Ump25 is just getting started

Ditto. I've been assigning for 21 1/2 years and have been with the folks at the Arbiter since their DOS days. I stuck with them through their Windows days and now their web-based assigning. IMHO, it's the best assigning program available.
Ump25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 01:12 AM   #10
umpjmb32
No Avatar

Our associaton has opted to go with zebraweb for one primary reason-- the ability to do online meetings/presentations.This seems like it could be a HUGE advantage. We'll let you know after we get into it for a while... JB
Unread 12-28-2009, 05:47 AM   #11
semper_fi_72
Veteran Crew Chief

semper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond reputesemper_fi_72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpjmb32 View Post
Our associaton has opted to go with zebraweb for one primary reason-- the ability to do online meetings/presentations.This seems like it could be a HUGE advantage. We'll let you know after we get into it for a while... JB
What's up with online meetings and training.
I have always hated them regardless of what they are used for.
I believe it takes the personal and human touch away.
Besides meetings and training get you out of the house and way from the wife or girlfriend.
What's next. Calling games via web cam?
semper_fi_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #12
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by semper_fi_72 View Post
What's up with online meetings and training.
I have always hated them regardless of what they are used for.
I believe it takes the personal and human touch away.
Besides meetings and training get you out of the house and way from the wife or girlfriend.
What's next. Calling games via web cam?
Semper_Fi Lets hope that calling games by web cam never happens I like the actual hands on training you train and hopefully you will get better because you do over and over and over. Its like when the platoon or squad is out there drilling and marching you do it until you get it right.

One of Jim Evans 7 laws of Umpiring
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2010, 04:00 AM   #13
widac
Regular

widac is just getting started

Two groups that I'm in use:
http://www.reftown.com/Default.asp

and I like it very much. I don't know how much it costs. A third group I joined uses Arbiter and I found it to be a pain in the ass. It might just be because I was familier with Reftown and was new to Arbiter.
widac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arbiter, assignbyweb, assigning, zebraweb