Go Back   Forums > Between the Lines > General

Unread 07-02-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
cajunyankee
All-Star Crew Chief

cajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Superstitions/Rituals

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunyankee View Post
Sitting at the ortho now for X-rays on my hand that was hit by a fastball yesterday.
Catcher didn't move.
Guess he thought I'd catch it for him.
Guess he was right.

I did the next 3 games in my normal stance, but with my left hand behind my leg.
The swelling was impressive to say the least!
Nothing broken. Not that it really matters much I guess. It seems that the treatment for a broken bone in the hand is much like the treatment for a hand that's injured without broken bones.

Still hurts like a bitch though.
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:39 PM   #15
Richard_Siegel
All-Star Crew Chief

Richard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond reputeRichard_Siegel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunyankee View Post
Nothing broken. Not that it really matters much I guess. It seems that the treatment for a broken bone in the hand is much like the treatment for a hand that's injured without broken bones.

Still hurts like a bitch though.
Will you still be able to throw a curve ball like before?
Richard_Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:40 PM   #16
cajunyankee
All-Star Crew Chief

cajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_Siegel View Post
Will you still be able to throw a curve ball like before?
Non-throwing hand.

Of course, anyone that knows me knows that I have 2 Non-throwing hands!
Unread 07-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #17
Forest_Ump
Veteran

Forest_Ump has much to be proud ofForest_Ump has much to be proud ofForest_Ump has much to be proud ofForest_Ump has much to be proud ofForest_Ump has much to be proud ofForest_Ump has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGibes View Post
That's the 23rd Psalm, not the Lord's Prayer.
(Sorry... that's my anal-retentiveness kicking in that compels me to correct your post even though correcting it does nothing to change the point that you are making....)
You're right and I knew that. Back to sunday school for me. Thanks
Forest_Ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:22 PM   #18
bnumpire
All-Star

bnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to all

I don't know if this is superstition or not, but it is definitely ritual.

First thing, I have all my plate pants on white plasitc hangers and all my base pants on green plastic hangers.

After I am done dressing (especially for the plate) I tap to make sure I have everything that I need (both shoes, both shin guards, cup, chest protector, brush, indicator, line-up card holder, pen, stop watch and hat). All the taps are done with my mask. For the bases, I tap to make sure I have indicator, gum, stop watch and hat.

After checking to make sure I have everything, I make sure my keys are in hand as I lock and shut the door to my vehicle.
bnumpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #19
bobjenkins
All-Star Crew Chief

bobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond reputebobjenkins has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnumpire View Post
After I am done dressing (especially for the plate) I tap to make sure I have everything that I need (both shoes, both shin guards, cup, chest protector, brush, indicator, line-up card holder, pen, stop watch and hat). All the taps are done with my mask.
That works great until the first time you forget. Ouch.
bobjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:56 PM   #20
bnumpire
All-Star

bnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobjenkins View Post
That works great until the first time you forget. Ouch.
It would serve as a pretty good reminder that I need to remedy that situation.
bnumpire is offline   Reply With Quote