Go Back   Forums > ABUA > Jim Evans Academy topics

Unread 05-14-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Official Baseball Rules Annotated By JE

I know that the current edition of Official Baseball Rules Annotated (In which I do have an orginal copy) of by JE is out of print, but is there any word about and updated version in the makings?
I know it took Jim about three years to do his two-man mechanics manual so this one may take longer it is so thick. I have to keep it secured because other umpires want to try an copy it, will not let it out of my site just for that reason.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Just some good points to always remember to be come a better Umpire
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 04:50 PM   #2
johnnyg08
All-Star
No Avatar

johnnyg08 is movin' on upjohnnyg08 is movin' on up
Default Re: Official Baseball Rules Annotated By JE

I can tell you that I talked to Jim last December 2012 and he stated that he is working on an updated version.

He did not give me a date that it would be done.
johnnyg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update Will just have to keep watching the store and his other site.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Unread 05-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

[quote=johnnyg08;137796]I can tell you that I talked to Jim last December 2012 and he stated that he is working on an updated version.

I am sure you meant December 2011 sometimes our typing is so fast that we hit the wrong key but thanks for the update.
Unread 05-31-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
cajunyankee
All-Star Crew Chief

cajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to get a copy of this when it comes out.

Will it be featured on this site?
Unread 06-27-2012, 07:09 AM   #6
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

Is there any new updated information on the progress of this Item.
Unread 09-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #7
shotgunner

shotgunner is just getting started

Hey Jim Evans;

any chance an electronic copy exists, that could then be made into an ebook for those of us who cannot find a hard copy?

Jim, please forgive me if you do not read these forums. Perhaps I am one degree away and someone you know will see this message and pass it along to you.

Play ball.

scott
shotgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #8
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunner View Post
Hey Jim Evans;

any chance an electronic copy exists, that could then be made into an ebook for those of us who cannot find a hard copy?

Jim, please forgive me if you do not read these forums. Perhaps I am one degree away and someone you know will see this message and pass it along to you.

Play ball.
I do not know if he will publish it electroniclly. but I do have a hard copy of the one that is currently out of print and I guard it with my life, and never leaves my site and its kept locked up. I have reason for that and it is because I have had friends (fellow umpires) that have copied my other manuals because they were lazy to purchase them. but that is a good question maybe Jason will chime in on this.
Unread 09-21-2012, 03:52 PM   #9
jasonk
Super Moderator
Regular
No Avatar

jasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this communityjasonk is a pillar in this community

We are definitely working on the update. The annotated has been something out of print for a long time. It's taken longer than we anticipated to get it back up to date. I've also looked into getting it into an electronic format, but again, it takes a great deal of time and resources. We're definitely working on it though!

Thanks for the interest.

J
jasonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:15 AM   #10
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

Jason: Thanks for the reply and update. Surley will be keeping my eyes open so when it hits the store. The one that I do have It is my baseball reference manual along with the current MLB rules book and the JE Professional Baseball Rules Index.

John