Go Back   Forums > Pick your level > Professional

Unread 05-14-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
bnumpire
All-Star

bnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to allbnumpire is a name known to all
Default Ejections and Vin Scully

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...09455&c_id=mlb

There is nothing special about the ejections of Andre Ethier and Don Mattingly in this video. I just think it is funny how Vin Scully describes the action.
bnumpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 01:45 AM   #2
pilotump
Cadet
No Avatar

pilotump is just getting started
Default Re: Ejections and Vin Scully

I like the way Vin Scully describes the action. He tells us what is happening without taking sides. Some other analists would try to tell us that their hitter has a great eye, and will show the replay 10 times, and argue that the pitch was actually 1/10 inch off the plate.
pilotump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:15 AM   #3
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute

[quote=pilotump;137737]I like the way Vin Scully describes the action. He tells us what is happening without taking sides.

I totall agree with you Vin Scully is the most colorful analist of the game in my book. He doesn't take sides just explains the situation and moves on. I grew up with listening to him as a young boy and he is the best. If you listen to him also on Radio you know where the ball is hit and its just great to listen to Vinny at any time just talking baseball and History lesson of the game.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Just some good points to always remember to be come a better Umpire
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
renegadewolf
All-Star

renegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy night

"Oh! Infact there is a difference of opinion of how good the pitch was" Could it be put any classier? Simple, to the point with a real nice dry wit. Commentary like this is a rarrity anymore.
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
scrounge
Regular
No Avatar

scrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to all

I don't even like (or dislike) the Dodgers, but half the reason I got the MLB Extra Innings package was to hear him call games.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #6
cajunyankee
All-Star Crew Chief

cajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond reputecajunyankee has a reputation beyond repute

"Oh, and there's a difference of opinion as to how good the pitch was"

Very nice.
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:06 AM   #7
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrounge View Post
I don't even like (or dislike) the Dodgers, but half the reason I got the MLB Extra Innings package was to hear him call games.
I totally agree that is a darn good reason to get that package. I may have to consider that myself just to listen to Vin Scully is well worth the price.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Unread 05-15-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
scrounge
Regular
No Avatar

scrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to allscrounge is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyblue26 View Post
I totally agree that is a darn good reason to get that package. I may have to consider that myself just to listen to Vin Scully is well worth the price.
Especially since....well, not to be morbid, but....you just don't how much longer we'll have this wonderful privilege.
scrounge is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #9
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

I totally agree. The best baseball announcer that i have heard in a long time since Jack Buck, Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese, Joe G and we can't forget Harry C. Singing take me out to the ball game and the seventh inning stretch. Public address announcer with a voice of gold Bob Sheppard.

Last edited by heyblue26; 05-15-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:47 AM   #10
renegadewolf
All-Star

renegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy nightrenegadewolf is a beacon of light on a stormy night

Having grown up in Windsor and along Lake Huron, I had the distinct pleasure of watching my Tigers games be called by Ernie Harwell, another fine broadcaster (in my opinion) like Scully who is from another time where broadcasting was an art form.
Unread 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #11
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by renegadewolf View Post
Having grown up in Windsor and along Lake Huron, I had the distinct pleasure of watching my Tigers games be called by Ernie Harwell, another fine broadcaster (in my opinion) like Scully who is from another time where broadcasting was an art form.
Yes it sure was and is as you mentioned.