Go Back   Forums > The Lighter Side > Jokes and humor

Unread 12-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #40
BT_Blue
Crew Chief

BT_Blue enjoys it when you click on his icon
Default Re: What's the best heckle you've ever heard?

Ok, now thats funny!
BT_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 02:11 AM   #41
kcbearcat
Rookie
No Avatar

kcbearcat is just getting started

During a hs game in Michigan a few years ago... I'd just enforced the force play slide rule and called the double play because R1 had dumped the shortstop... From behind me where the home team fans are sitting (and I'd just made this call against them), I hear, "You belong in the major leagues!"

Didn't say anything, but I thought to myself... "Thanks... idiot."
kcbearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 03:59 PM   #42
ref93
Rookie

ref93 enjoys it when you click on his iconref93 enjoys it when you click on his icon

I was PU for a 21U AAA game. One pitcher could not seem to find the zone. For 3 innings all I heard every time I called ball 4 was "hey Kev, blink". As a Supervisor, I am known by name all over this league. Finally, as the manager realized that keeping this kid in was futile, he decided to make a pitching change. As the new pitcher was warming up, I again heard "hey Kev, blink". I turned to see the local baseball know it all sitting there looking right at me. He repeated it once more, so I decided to play along, and blinked. His reply..."Oh thank Goodness. I was worried that your head had been up your A$$ too long and the $H!T had cemented your eyes closed!" As the field erupted in laughter, I proceeded to the gate, walked around the back stop, and shook his hand while laughing out loud!! Sometimes it's fun to be human.
Unread 12-23-2008, 04:30 PM   #43
Ozzy
Veteran Crew Chief

Ozzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond reputeOzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ref93 View Post
I was PU for a 21U AAA game. One pitcher could not seem to find the zone. For 3 innings all I heard every time I called ball 4 was "hey Kev, blink". As a Supervisor, I am known by name all over this league. Finally, as the manager realized that keeping this kid in was futile, he decided to make a pitching change. As the new pitcher was warming up, I again heard "hey Kev, blink". I turned to see the local baseball know it all sitting there looking right at me. He repeated it once more, so I decided to play along, and blinked. His reply..."Oh thank Goodness. I was worried that your head had been up your A$$ too long and the $H!T had cemented your eyes closed!" As the field erupted in laughter, I proceeded to the gate, walked around the back stop, and shook his hand while laughing out loud!! Sometimes it's fun to be human.
I think you should have urinated in his lap!

Ozzy
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #44
BrianC14
All-Star Crew Chief

BrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: What's the best heckle you've ever heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I think you should have urinated in his lap!
Or at least in his soda pop.
BrianC14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 06:46 PM   #45
captk
No Avatar

I've always had a personal rule that the less correct I am (as I am never wrong) the longer I give the coach the opportunity to voice their opinion. I was doing a collegiate softball game at Illinois Wesleyan University in Normal,IL. At that time the rule was that once the pitcher received the ball within the 18 foot circle, the runner was required to either return to the previous base or try to advance to the next base.
I observed the runner do a double feint to draw the throw. I pumped her out.
When the coach started to approach me, I told her "Coach, Stay right where you are! Don't even try. She feinted and there's no doubt about it, so don't even try come out here on this field?
The coach answered. "One Question? Are you on your period?"
Unread 03-07-2010, 04:35 PM   #46
finnerty
Crew Chief
No Avatar

finnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese's

Quote:
Originally Posted by widac View Post
sorry for the grammer nitpickery, but please change your sig and use the word "you're" instead of "your"
Sorry, but that word is spelled G-R-A-M-M-A-R.
finnerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #47
Dano
Veteran Crew Chief

Dano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant futureDano has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnerty View Post
Sorry, but that word is spelled G-R-A-M-M-A-R.

ROFL

Epic!
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #48
newblue4co
Regular
No Avatar

newblue4co has much to be proud ofnewblue4co has much to be proud ofnewblue4co has much to be proud ofnewblue4co has much to be proud ofnewblue4co has much to be proud ofnewblue4co has much to be proud ofnewblue4co has much to be proud ofnewblue4co has much to be proud of
Talking Re: What's the best heckle you've ever heard?

Burn!!!!
newblue4co is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 03:35 PM   #49
finnerty
Crew Chief
No Avatar

finnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese'sfinnerty enjoys spam and reese's

This is a heckle, but every now and then, you hear a regular comment. This one was beautiful.

I was doing the dish under the lights last Friday. I have one of those hand warmers in my ball bags. I routinely put one of my hands into one of my ball bags to warm it up between pitches. I hear this lady innocently ask someone, "Why does the umpire keep feeling his ball sack?"
finnerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #50
BrianC14
All-Star Crew Chief

BrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnerty View Post
This is a heckle, but every now and then, you hear a regular comment. This one was beautiful.

I was doing the dish under the lights last Friday. I have one of those hand warmers in my ball bags. I routinely put one of my hands into one of my ball bags to warm it up between pitches. I hear this lady innocently ask someone, "Why does the umpire keep feeling his ball sack?"
No way!!!!! Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaaaaa

I'm glad I didn't take a sip of coffee just now.... ROLFMAO
Unread 03-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #51
Matt13
All-Star

Matt13 is movin' on upMatt13 is movin' on up

Quote:
Originally Posted by captk View Post
I've always had a personal rule that the less correct I am (as I am never wrong) the longer I give the coach the opportunity to voice their opinion.
I would dispense with that rule. If you allow one coach to give you more of an earful on a call that you may have blown, what happens when the opposing coach doesn't get the opportunity to do the same thing on a call you don't think you blew?
Unread 03-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #52
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
I would dispense with that rule. If you allow one coach to give you more of an earful on a call that you may have blown, what happens when the opposing coach doesn't get the opportunity to do the same thing on a call you don't think you blew?
All hell breaks lose
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Just some good points to always remember to be come a better Umpire
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote