Go Back   Forums > Pick your level > Small Diamond

Unread 05-13-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
mark38090
Veteran

mark38090 is a pillar in this communitymark38090 is a pillar in this communitymark38090 is a pillar in this communitymark38090 is a pillar in this communitymark38090 is a pillar in this communitymark38090 is a pillar in this communitymark38090 is a pillar in this communitymark38090 is a pillar in this community
Default Illegal Pitch

Cal Ripken Minors, F1 starts in the set position, feet and hands together. He lifts his front leg and pauses a good 5-8 seconds, wobbling on one leg then finishes his pitch. My question is if you see a pitcher that makes an illegal move every pitch, tell the coach and they do nothing, how do you handle it? I let it go because it's the last two games of their season and figured it wasn't worth the arguement. I got with the kids Dad after the game and showed him what he was doing wrong.
mark38090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2010, 06:05 PM   #2
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Illegal Pitch

I think that you handled it right at the time of the situation. But If it was the begining of the season then I would as you said mentioned it to the coach if he did nothing and as long as other HC didn't complain or say anything and he was consistant let it go. That is just IMO.

But that is also good that you explained to his father what he was doing wrong and hopefully next season it will be corrected.
Efforts and Professionalism: Focus, Hustle, Mobility, Demeanor, Appearance, Eagerness to learn and Improve, Willingness to accept constructive criticism, Relationship with crew and others, Professionalism on and off the field, and Administrative duties.
Just some good points to always remember to be come a better Umpire
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote