Go Back   Forums > Pick your level > Cooperstown Dreams Park

Unread 05-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
just4me1165
Rookie
No Avatar

just4me1165 is just getting started
Smile CDP

CDP has been around since 1996 and it has had UIC's come and go and the park has continued to grow and the baseball has continued to get better.
We as umpires need to remember that it is not about us or who is in charge, but it is about the game and doing the best that we can do and giving it 110 percent everytime we are out on the field, just like the players do.
I have been going to CDP every year since 2007 and I have learned a lot from the different umpires that I have worked with and from the different umpires that have had the job of UIC, but the one thing that has remained the same through it all is the fact that it is baseball and the game will go on reguardless of who is in charge.
Times change and CDP continues to grow and needs to change with the times in order to give the dream and live the dream.
That being said, I for one will return to CDP for as long as they will allow me to and I will continue to learn from my fellow umpires and hopefully continue to improve my skills so that I can continue to give 110 percent.
See you all on the field.
just4me1165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #2
jschally
Cadet

jschally is just getting started
Cool Re: CDP

Agree 100%. Hopefully the next UIC will do their job the way it was intended to be and not make it all about them.
jschally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
jschally
Cadet

jschally is just getting started
Talking Re: CDP

Ooops, did I hit a nerve? Obviously the Truth hurts....
jschally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
amishumpire
Rookie
No Avatar

amishumpire is just getting started
Default Re: CDP

I also agree 100% I have learned a lot from the umpires at CDP,and have many frends all over the U.S.A. and Canada. This would not be possible with out CDP. I also have been there since 2007 and will be back as long as they allow me to.
amishumpire is offline   Reply With Quote