View Single Post
Unread 04-16-2007, 10:47 AM   #7
AugieDonatelli
All-Star Crew Chief

AugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond reputeAugieDonatelli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ww870
I had a situation that fits right in with this sarcasm commentary. I'm working the plate, called strike. Head coach, who is coaching 3rd, yells, "Get consistent! You haven't given us diddly-squat all day!" I call time, take off my mask, take a few steps in his direction, hold up the stop sign and tell him that that we aren't going to talk about balls and strikes, and that I didn't want to hear any more about it. He responds by doffing his cap and bowing in my direction. Buh-bye! The sad part about it was that he was amazed that I dumped him. Turns out the guy is a real ass with a reputation of nonsense. His own catcher thanked me for dumping him the next inning.
I had a Varsity coach give me a "salaam" (we're not worthy!) bow after I warned him to stop arguing balls and strikes. It was a really slow, deep bow, like he was praying to Mecca. I bounced him before he finished straightening up from the bow.
AugieDonatelli is offline   Reply With Quote