View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
BrianC14
All-Star Crew Chief

BrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to allBrianC14 is a name known to all
Default Re: NFHS Exam 1: Needing some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dano View Post
Richard (or any other moderator) if this is inappropriate please delete thread with my apologies.

I am not looking for you to give me an answer but I am requesting a "nudge".

The wording on two questions has me concerned.

Section: Force Play

#17. For a given runner, a force play ends as soon as he touches the next base.

This is partly true. If he retreats the force is reinstated. Should I be in any way worried about "what if he retreats" when answering?

Section: A Pitcher and a Pitch

# 52. A pitch ends when the pitched ball comes to rest.

This is a true statement. Page 21 of the rule book. Section 28 Article 4: B

However, there is statement A, C, D, and E. that also is included in this article.

Should I take into consideration the other parts of Article 4 in determining a correct answer?
One thing about a True/False exam: if you start adding situations and other considerations to the statements, then you're putting yourself in jeopardy of getting it wrong.

#17 doesn't ask about retreating, so you shouldn't be concerned with a runner who retreats.

#52 asks about a pitch that comes to rest. It doesn't ask about other issues about when a pitch ends (for example, one that is caught by the catcher). Answer the question (T or F) based only on the information provided.