View Single Post
Unread 02-24-2010, 09:28 AM   #9
heyblue26
All-Star Crew Chief

heyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond reputeheyblue26 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Creasing Your Umpire Hat

If I remember correctly reading an article by the MLB Umpire R. Drake website about this very thing. As I remember you first take the top front of the hat that you are going to crease and fold it down even with the prim of your hat so that it is even with the front edge, next take the back part of the hat and fold it so it is also even with the front half of the hat.

Now with a damp wet towel and a med hot iron and lay the towel over the hat and pressing it a few times to form the crease. Then you can use rubberbands to hold it in place over night until the next day. Remove the rubberbands and if you folded the front portion of the hat correctly you should have a nice and permant crease.

Just what I remember.

One of Jim Evans 7 laws of Umpiring
heyblue26 is offline   Reply With Quote