PDA

View Full Version : iScore for iPhone

boyinr
06-08-2010, 03:26 AM
If you are into scoring baseball/softball game and have an iPhone/iTouch/iPad I really recommend that you look into the iScore application. Watch the tutorials online and score a game. You get great stats in spreadsheet form that can be emailed from the device.

heyblue26
06-08-2010, 10:20 AM
No I really am not, so I am not getting either of the two phones.

dukemd
08-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the link
Excellent program. My wife is excited to use it at our son's game. Very simple and self explanatory.

finnerty
08-11-2010, 06:18 PM
I think that it's about baseball and a woman understands it easily, then its very simplicity is self-explanatory.

slo8140
08-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Agreed, it is a great program. And if you like to score MLB games and purchase the addon it gives you updated MLB rosters and even the projected lineup about 1 hour before game time.

I have it on an Ipod Touch and it has worked really well.

finnerty
08-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I have never been happier than since I got the ipod touch. What a machine.

I have a wifi mobile hot spot, and with that, this ipod touch can surf, navigate and retrieve and answer all my emails without my opening my netbook. My phone/internet plan isn't for an iphone, and now I don't need or even want one (now that I have this).

finnerty
09-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Oh well, I had to get a smartphone anyway. I'm stuck with Verizon for life (at two-year renewable segments), so I went with Samsung's clone version, rather than the iphone or the Droid. A smartphone is an amazing device.

sdix00
11-05-2010, 04:18 PM
Little League just made these legal again in the dugout. Nice to see LL getting out of the stone age on this one. I LOVE iScore on the iPad.

Little League Announces Changes to Policies, Rules, and Regulations for the 2011 Season (http://www.littleleague.org/media/newsarchive/2010/Sep-Dec/2011LLBBSBPolicyRuleRegulationChanges.htm)

Rule 3.17: Added language allowing the use of electronic devices in the dugout, provided these devices are not used for communication.

semper_fi_72
11-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Little League just made these legal again in the dugout. Nice to see LL getting out of the stone age on this one. I LOVE iScore on the iPad.

Little League Announces Changes to Policies, Rules, and Regulations for the 2011 Season (http://www.littleleague.org/media/newsarchive/2010/Sep-Dec/2011LLBBSBPolicyRuleRegulationChanges.htm)

The problem is, How do we know they are strictly using their IPhone for Scoring and not sending and receiving Text Messags for communication?????

sdix00
11-05-2010, 06:53 PM
The problem is, How do we know they are strictly using their IPhone for Scoring and not sending and receiving Text Messags for communication?????

You won't. But I will let them worry about it in tournament play.

For me, I just want to keep track of balls/strikes, outs, hits, and who threw to whom during the regular season. Do this at a minimum with iScore and you can produce complete reports, stats, spray charts, emails, and even publish box scores to the web. I had this 4 years ago before it was outlawed, and it was great. Sooooo easy.

sloblue
04-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Are there any leagues that allow this app to be used as the official scorebook? If so, how does the umpire certify the score (without printing out something for him/her to sign)?

Rich_Ives
04-03-2011, 05:30 PM
Are there any leagues that allow this app to be used as the official scorebook? If so, how does the umpire certify the score (without printing out something for him/her to sign)?

There's no requirement for the umpire to certify the score.

yawetag
04-04-2011, 02:56 AM
Certify?