PDA

View Full Version : Patch placement?

bflaten
04-19-2010, 09:30 PM
I am a Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth certified umpire. I also umpire some American Legion.

I plan on buying a new set of uniforms for Legion this year (our association doesn't require this) and I would like to know where the proper placement for association patches should go?

From what I've researched this is what I came up with, however, nothing is definitive.

1. Association patch (American Legion & Babe Ruth) should go on the left sleeve.

2. If you have a number it should be placed on the right shoulder.

3. Flag should be on left shoulder or upper back below neck.

Does that sound about right???

polar1955
04-19-2010, 10:32 PM
NUA goes above pocket on chest, sorry I have mine centered on the pocket. Numbers on right shoulder sleeve, Flag as you discribed, unless things have changed.

bflaten
04-19-2010, 10:39 PM
Thanks.....I am also a Fast Pitch Softball MOA (State High School Association) umpire and they require us to wear that patch on the left chest as well.

Thanks

polar1955
04-19-2010, 10:50 PM
When I first started, I just copied MBL patch locations and have never been confronted on the location of my NUA patch being on the pocket. I don't think most would care, at least when I did a regional in Canada, they did not. They were just concerned that I had the patch and the certifcation card.

LOVE Montana.....my favorite state other than Alaska

mark38090
04-20-2010, 02:45 AM
I do Cal Ripken/Babe Ruth and at Districts they want us to have patches on pocket.

polar1955
04-20-2010, 03:56 AM
Good to know.....I think it looks better on the pocket anyhow.:D

bflaten
04-20-2010, 03:14 PM
I just emailed headquarters for both American Legion Baseball and Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken.

Legion said "Left Sleeve" and Babe Ruth said "Left Sleeve or Left Chest".

I find it kind of weird that Babe Ruth would say either, but I guess that is the answer.

heyblue26
04-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Babe Ruth said "Left Sleeve or Left Chest".

I find it kind of weird that Babe Ruth would say either, but I guess that is the answer.[/QUOTE]

Did you tell them that you were an umpire when you asked the question or ask the question were it seemed that you were a player asking about the positioning of the patches on the uniform? I think the NUA has a standard for the position of the umpire patch on the uniform.

bflaten
04-22-2010, 05:38 PM
My Question:

I am a current NUA umpire. I was wondering where I should place my NUA patch. Front left chest or left sleave?

Thanks,

Brady Flaten
Glasgow, MT

Babe Ruth Response:

Hi Brady,

It actually can be either one.

Thanks,

Leigh Quicksall

dash_riprock
04-22-2010, 06:20 PM
Some patches are best worn between the chin and the nose.

bflaten
04-22-2010, 09:12 PM
Some patches are best worn between the chin and the nose.

What are you inferring?

abevillarreal
04-22-2010, 09:21 PM
What are you inferring?

probably that 3 days and 11 posts is plenty for a discussion about "patch placement"

bflaten
04-22-2010, 10:26 PM
probably that 3 days and 11 posts is plenty for a discussion about "patch placement"

Then why don't both of you do yourselves a favor and skip the thread?

semper_fi_72
04-22-2010, 10:27 PM
Just to add fuel to the fire...Do what a particular association wants.
That is where you should have asked the question.

bobjenkins
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM
What are you inferring?

He might be implying something, but I don't think he's inferring anything.

bflaten
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
He might be implying something, but I don't think he's inferring anything.

Slip of the tongue.......you're correct! Improper word usage.

The question has been posed to our association. Our Association is anything but official and is relatively new. We aren't really uniform in patch placement. I wanted to get the official word and discuss it with some ABUA members.

If our association was doing it wrong, I could politely let everyone in our association know. I was looking to get the official word from some of my fellow members (ABUA), an organization I just joined. I figured it would be a quick question/answer session. Guess not.

I started a thread (my first) and it turns into an "o.k. I think that's enough patch talk". There are some real jacka$$es on this board. If you don't like the thread......skip it, or at least refrain from responding.

I've really enjoyed reading the message board the past couple weeks. I searched the internet and these boards for the question that I posed and I couldn't find an answer, so I asked it.

Thanks to those of you who actually added something to the conversation and I look forward to having great discussions with cooperative members in the future. The ABUA seems like a great organization and I'm proud to be a member.

bobjenkins
04-24-2010, 02:12 AM
it turns into an "o.k. I think that's enough patch talk".

You, and perhaps others, are inferring that.

That's not at all what I took from the comment.

And, there's no national standard for the placement of many patches.

bflaten
04-24-2010, 03:22 AM
You, and perhaps others, are inferring that.

That's not at all what I took from the comment.

And, there's no national standard for the placement of many patches.

Thanks Bob