Joe West
Masami Yoshikawa (Japan)

robbyrudd455
02-26-2009, 04:11 PM
No Bob Davidson after last WBC? haha!

Tim_C
02-26-2009, 04:42 PM
"Luis Ramirez (Mexico)"

Lou is one of my clinicians for the Oregon Mandatory "Umpire Clinic for a Three Umpire Crew."

In fact he will be working with me the weekend of March 7.

Regards,

BT_Blue
02-28-2009, 03:59 AM
Lou is one of my clinicians for the Oregon Mandatory "Umpire Clinic for a Three Umpire Crew."

In fact he will be working with me the weekend of March 7.

Regards,

Ok, I vote for no longer posting about clinics in the Portland area. Im getting jealous that I have not moved there yet. LOL

(P.S. Tim, just joking ok)

western_ump
02-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Tim,

Will you be at the OCEP clinic in Corvallis that weekend?

widac
02-28-2009, 04:52 AM
Ok, I vote for no longer posting about clinics in the Portland area. Im getting jealous that I have not moved there yet. LOL

(P.S. Tim, just joking ok)

There is still room in The Jim Evans clinic 3/6-8. And BT you are just ALL over these boards today.

BT_Blue
02-28-2009, 05:01 AM
My hours at work got cut from five to four days and I have a JuCo game tomorrow so today and sunday are my days for the boards.

As for availability for the Jim Evans clinic... dont tempt me. LOL (wife would say no anyways)

chuck1
02-28-2009, 10:49 PM
No Bob Davidson after last WBC? haha!

No, he is probably relaxing in Arizona, having served his time with the first one.

And Tom Hallion and Ed Hickox are probably relaxing in Florida, after serving time in the first one also.

ump49
03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Also the international guys are getting more of a shot in this one. In '06 the International guy was stuck as U3 and only one per crew. This year there is 2 per crew and they will rotate as well.

Tim_C
03-02-2009, 10:56 PM
"Tim,

"Will you be at the OCEP clinic in Corvallis that weekend?"

I teach the first classroom section (ethics, pre-game meeting, handling coaches and controversy, and proper use of the OSAA Official Lineup Card).

When we go to the field instruction I will be stationed at one of three teaching areas.

BT_Blue
03-03-2009, 05:20 AM
Make room for me at the one for next year!

By the way, what does OCEP mean?

Tim_C
03-03-2009, 10:16 PM
"By the way, what does OCEP mean?"

OCEP is "Officials Certification and Education Program".

This system is affliliated with the National Federation of State High Schools.

All officials that started working in Oregon High School sports AFTER 2005 are required to take a Principles course that deals with ethics, education and the dealing with high school aged players. The course is three hours in length and is given locally by trained instructors. All officials in all sports take the same introductory course.

By 2010 ALL playoff officials (in all sports) must have attended an OCEP training clinic in the sport they want to work. Playoff games are paid for by the Oregon State Activities Association who placed the requirement on all officials. (No waviers for say an ex-minor league umpire)

The clinic, which is taught be Certified Oregon Athletic Officials Association clinicians, must be one day in length (no more) and cost no more than $20 for any attendee.

The clinic covers "Mechanics for the Three Umpire System" which includes specific rotations to cover play situations. We also cover everything from how you are expected to dress when arriving at the playoff game, to what to cover in your pre-game conference to how to handle situations.

While this may seem simply to many of you we have received raves from the surveys we require from all participants.

OCEP

BT_Blue
03-04-2009, 05:37 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun and wish they had something like that down here.

heyblue26
03-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Lance Barksdale
Ted Barrett
Eric Cooper
Derryl Cousins
Corrie Davis (Canada)
Dana DeMuth
Laz Diaz
Bruce Dreckman
Stephane DuPont (Canada)
Paul Emmel
Edgar Estivison (Panama)
Andy Fletcher
Greg Gibson
Ed Hickox
Marvin Hudson
Paul Hyham (Australia)
Dan Iassogna
Ron Kulpa
Jerry Meals
Bill Miller
Seong Hoon Moon (Korea)
Minoru Nakamura (Japan)
Seok Hwan Oh (Korea)
Jorge Perez (Cuba)
Luis Ramirez (Mexico)
Ed Rapuano
Carlos Rey (Puerto Rico)
Willie Rodriguez (Puerto Rico)
Dan Toledo (Mexico)
Masato Tomoyose (Japan)
Larry Vanover
Hitoshi Watarida (Japan)
Mark Wegner
Hunter Wendelstedt
Joe West
Masami Yoshikawa (Japan)

Umpires for the WBC classic in Japan so far 4 Games have been played in the Tokyo Dome and Ed Hickox has had two plate appearances Games 1 & 4, Game 2 Any Fletcher, Game 3 Dana MeMuth all did a great great job.