PDA

View Full Version : Insurance

MCLEOD36
01-10-2009, 03:57 AM
Guys,
FYI, the insurance from ABUA/ESO and/ or NASO is for a calendar year. If you have other expiration dates for your memberships, be reminded that the Insurance policies for both are calendar years. I just renewed both of mine in both spots......

BT_Blue
01-10-2009, 06:10 AM
Guys,
FYI, the insurance from ABUA/ESO and/ or NASO is for a calendar year. If you have other expiration dates for your memberships, be reminded that the Insurance policies for both are calendar years. I just renewed both of mine in both spots......

ABUA I know for sure is January 1 thru December 31. NASO though I thought was from what ever date you signed up on till a year later. Did they change that to the same thing that ABUA does?

robbyrudd455
01-10-2009, 08:11 AM
I know as long as you pay your dues, there's no start/end date.

But if you decide to terminate your membership (NASO), it's 1 full year after you joined. Mine expires in April, but I'm always renewing in December...

BT_Blue
01-10-2009, 03:42 PM
thats what I thought. I was a little surprised when I went from NASO to ABUA and found out the membership went from Jan 1 to Dec 31.

At first I was a little annoyed since I had signed up for ABUA that year about half way thru the year when my old NASO membership ran out. However I do like the coverage that you get with ABUA better than NASO and the coming benefits that I think there are going to be far outweigh anything from anyone else. (Mind you this is all speculation on my part.) The only thing I miss is getting the copies of Referee magazine in the mail. Im going to subscribe to just the magazine probably next month and combined with this forum I think will make a great learning tool for me.

Welpe
01-11-2009, 05:18 AM
I carry NASO insurance and it expires on your sign-up date.

BT_Blue
01-11-2009, 05:58 AM
I carry NASO insurance and it expires on your sign-up date.

Yeh, thats what I thought.

DannyC
01-11-2009, 11:29 AM
BT,
Please realize there are 2 versions of Referee magazine. The "gray" pages in the middle is for their "members" edition. Non members get the same magazine, but without those pages. I, too, belong to both NASO and ABUA, and plan on keeping both for the time being!

Thanks,
DannyC

jasonk
01-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Insurance policies are written by underwriters from 1/1-12/31. Regardless, we have a group insurance policy, so it would be impossible to write individual policies for members which would expire on their membership expiration date. As long as you pay your membership dues and renew before the end of the year, you are covered!

BT_Blue
01-11-2009, 07:11 PM
BT,
Please realize there are 2 versions of Referee magazine. The "gray" pages in the middle is for their "members" edition. Non members get the same magazine, but without those pages. I, too, belong to both NASO and ABUA, and plan on keeping both for the time being!

Thanks,
DannyC

Yeh, I remember the inserts. I cant bring myself to spend the extra $75-100 just to get the insert in the referee magazine. Not unless there is something that makes NASO better or supplemental to ABUA. I stopped going with NASO when they came out with the assignor insurance that was automaticly tagged onto the normal insurance. It went from something like $50 or $60 to almost $100 and I couldnt get it changed since I dont do any assigning.

Have they changed that practice?

Im thinking of next month signing up for a subscription for Referee. How much is the subscription?