PDA

View Full Version : Never look at rule 10 again...

golanthius
12-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Take a look at Rule 10, glance at it, then never look at it again. We as umpires never have anything to do with "Official Scoring". This is from Larry Young, instructor at this years MLB Umpire Camp.

mstaylor
12-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Excellent advice, occasionally I look at it, get a headache and remember why I never learned ten. :D

heyblue26
12-07-2008, 12:06 AM
I agree with taylor I just looked at it and ask my self why did you look at it? it is so confusing away and so will never look at it again and what would you rule on any way?

BT_Blue
12-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I last read it when I was trying to help keep score for my old college team. Its part of the rule book that doesnt even exist in my mind. I was honestly surprised to even see an area on these forums about scoring.

mstaylor
12-07-2008, 04:28 AM
It's here because every once in a while somebody will ask a scoring question and then would get slammed for it. There are a few guys that actually know the scoring rule. Heck, I umpired for thirty years before a league asked me to keep the official book and I had no idea how to do it.

BT_Blue
12-07-2008, 04:35 AM
I got lucky. I started keeping score slightly after I started umpiring so one kind of helped the other.

I find myself sometimes doing it in my head while watching a game along with the normal subconscious armchair umpiring (balls and strikes usually for the most part).

Does anyone else find themselves defending the umps on tv during a game when someone complains it was a bad call... later to be support your argument that they got it right when the show the replay on tv.

mstaylor
12-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Does anyone else find themselves defending the umps on tv during a game when someone complains it was a bad call... later to be support your argument that they got it right when the show the replay on tv.

Absolutely, not only in baseball but in other sports also. For some reason people assume that I know all sports just because I do a couple of different sports.

BT_Blue
12-07-2008, 03:28 PM
My worst one is basketball. Its a sport that Ill watch if its on at work but never at home. Im a de-facto Warriors fan cause I used to listen to them on the radio when I was growing up back in the days of "Run T-M-C" (that is Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin and...shoot its been so I cant remember the third name LOL)

Anyways, people like to ask me officiating questions at work cause they know I work baseball and it happens for all sports. At least Im a fan of football so I can answer some questions, some are wrong but at least they are answers. Basketball I havent the slightest.

TarheelUmp
12-08-2008, 08:20 PM

I do but sometimes end up regretting it. Some people are just so set on blaming the officials, I end up thinking to myself this is that obnoxious, ignorant parent who is so set on the umpire being wrong. It's not worth it; it's like trying to change some one's religion.

Ozzy
12-08-2008, 11:10 PM
Take a look at Rule 10, glance at it, then never look at it again. We as umpires never have anything to do with "Official Scoring". This is from Larry Young, instructor at this years MLB Umpire Camp.
My rule book has no Rule 10! :rolleyes: I also checked my older OBR books and I find no Rule 10 in them either!

Hmmmm! I seem to be missing Rule 9 in my FED books too!

BT_Blue
12-09-2008, 03:19 AM
My rule book has no Rule 10! :rolleyes: I also checked my older OBR books and I find no Rule 10 in them either!

Hmmmm! I seem to be missing Rule 9 in my FED books too!

Look harder, Im sure its there... if you have a drink or 20 you might find it. LOL

wpiced
12-10-2008, 08:07 PM
I find that keeping score in a regular baseball score book is kind of fun. However, I didn't use rule 10 to learn how. I went to the internet and learned. One caution though. If you pay to see a pro game in your area, forget keeping score. If you do, you miss most of the suttle parts of the game. I mean, that's why I pay to watch a professional baseball game.

Rich_Ives
12-10-2008, 09:42 PM
First you complain that there are scoring rule questions posted in "rules" sections.

So a separate section is set up to discuss the scoring rules so people don't intrude on the umpire sections.

Then you go carp about it being there.

Guess what - if you don't want to go there, don't click on the link.

And yes, rule 10 is a rule. Just read it and you'll see many references.

10.01(a) The official scorer shall have sole authority to make all decisions concerning application of Rule 10 . . .

10.01 (b) (1) In all cases, the official scorer shall not make a scoring decision that is in conflict with Rule 10 . . .

BTW - who is responsible for counting outs?

9.04(a)(2) Call and count balls and strikes; Outs not included.

10.01(b)(2) If the teams change sides before three men are put out, the official scorer shall immediately inform the umpire-in-chief of the mistake.

LomUmp
12-10-2008, 10:47 PM
My worst one is basketball. Its a sport that Ill watch if its on at work but never at home. Im a de-facto Warriors fan cause I used to listen to them on the radio when I was growing up back in the days of "Run T-M-C" (that is Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin and...shoot its been so I cant remember the third name LOL)

Anyways, people like to ask me officiating questions at work cause they know I work baseball and it happens for all sports. At least Im a fan of football so I can answer some questions, some are wrong but at least they are answers. Basketball I havent the slightest.

Hey all,

Tim Hardaway, Mitch Richmond, and Chris Mullin.

LomUmp:cool:

BT_Blue
12-11-2008, 03:24 AM
Hey all,

Thanks Lom... I know I was missing Mitch Richmond but my mind went blank. It killed me to see him go to the Sacramento Queens (Kings). Hey, i live in LA now... they dont like them much down here either.

LomUmp
12-14-2008, 05:52 PM
Hey all,

Watch it, buddy.... I grew up in Sacramento, and played b-ball in the original Arco Arena as a senior in HS. They do play more like queens now, more so than when they were getting "jacked" by the refs in the playoffs against the "Flakers"! Remember the foul that Doug Christie's nose committed against Kobe's innocent elbow, amongst others? HAHA!!

LomUmp
12-14-2008, 05:55 PM
Hey all,

Oh, yeah...There's a Rule 10? :rolleyes:

BT_Blue
12-14-2008, 07:27 PM
Hey all,

Watch it, buddy.... I grew up in Sacramento, and played b-ball in the original Arco Arena as a senior in HS. They do play more like queens now, more so than when they were getting "jacked" by the refs in the playoffs against the "Flakers"! Remember the foul that Doug Christie's nose committed against Kobe's innocent elbow, amongst others? HAHA!!

Hey dont look at me Lom. I grew up a fan of the warriors remember? I dont even follow the NBA until the season is over. And yes I do remember.

mstaylor
12-15-2008, 12:03 AM
The only reason I can see to follow even the play-offs, is to know when you don't have to endure it anymore. :twisted: :wink:

BT_Blue
12-15-2008, 12:39 AM
The only reason I can see to follow even the play-offs, is to know when you don't have to endure it anymore. :twisted: :wink:

They take up nicely the waste of the part of the year between footballs end and baseball begins.

dash_riprock
01-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Im a de-facto Warriors fan cause I used to listen to them on the radio when I was growing up back in the days of "Run T-M-C" (that is Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin and...shoot its been so I cant remember the third name LOL)

Mitch Richmond was the M. And Chris Mullin could neither run nor jump, but the boy could shoot. You could often find him at the Downtown Athletic Club in NYC shooting basketballs, by himself, for six or seven hours. The consummate gym rat.

BTW, I'm late in responding 'cause I hardly ever look at Rule 10 stuff.

golanthius
05-03-2009, 05:38 AM
What...There's a Rule 10?

kcbearcat
05-05-2009, 07:45 PM
What...There's a Rule 10?

I thought there were only 9 rules... one for each defensive player on the field... ;)

finnerty
10-16-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey all,

I had a part-time photo gig where I used to sit on the floor and photograph Warriors games in 1989-90 when Run TMC was at its peak. That was one of the most entertaining teams I ever saw. Another guy who could fill it up like almost nobody: Terry Teagle. He was like Cazzie Russell. What a club.

jomatiky
12-12-2009, 12:33 AM
I thought this was a baseball umpires forum. Try the basketball forum Oh no look what I started !!!!!!!!!!

polar1955
04-16-2010, 03:34 AM
The only thing in this section which I have ever concerned myself w/ is a scorer who informs from some location other then the bench/dugout a coach of a batter batting out of order and the opposing coach knows the rule and goes into orbit. Or they do it after the first pitch to the next batter and I now have to explain the rule.......so scorers....read your own rules and stick to them.

Tim_C
04-16-2010, 11:23 PM
That information is available in the real rules book and interpretations.

There is no reason at all for an umpire to read Rule 10.

Ask any professional Umpire School.

T

polar1955
04-17-2010, 12:50 AM

T
If you are refering to "directing attention to out of order batter" that is true it is addressed in the rules 6.07....it says nothing about a scorer however hence my comment. I ran into this twice over the years, and it caused many problems. It may be a small point, but it is one worth noting I think.

Tim_C
04-17-2010, 02:49 AM
I am sorry no real umpire even reads Rule 10. everything is covered in the first nine rules.

If you push back again for rule 10 I will then understand that you are not really an umpire.

See every professional umpire school.

T

heyblue26
04-17-2010, 02:55 AM
I am sorry no real umpire even reads Rule 10. everything is covered in the first nine rules.

If you push back again for rule 10 I will then understand that you are not really an umpire.

T

Tim_C you nailed that one right.

Rich_Ives
04-17-2010, 03:01 AM

T

In OBR the prohibition on the scorer revealing a BOO is ONLY in 10.01(b)(4). 6.07 Comment only mentions the umpire.

LL has added the scorekeeper in 6.07 Note because they don't put rule 10 in their rule book.

The NCAA book has the umpire, scorekeeper and PA announcer prohibited in the basic rules.

I can not find any scorekeeper silence provision in FED. There is one that says the umpire shall remain silent if a scorekeeper or fan calls a BOO to his attention and only respond if the defense appeals.

And Tim - if you have such disdain for Rule 10 why are you even in this section of the forum to begin with - he says, ending a sentence with a preposition?

polar1955
04-17-2010, 05:20 AM

T

Tim, not looking for conflict here, but do I nn to attend a "professional umpire school" or ask someone like you so as to be instructed on what is or is not important to the game. I find that logic for lack of a better word, obsured..... some of us at times are asked questions by folks who nn help and if I have read something which may shed light on the subject I will do my best to help, even if that means helping a scorer.
I was not implying section 10.0 was required reading, but I thought my reason for commenting on the subject was sound. I hope my experience and quality as an umpire has not been diminished because I have read section 10.0 as you seem to have implied.
Funny thing, I see Rich has included some info here, I guess those organizations recognized the problem as well and hence corrected it. So, I am not the only umpire with concerns.
I am new here, but not to the game or the job, and when I sense someone trying to make me look like a fool or someone who knows nothing, I will stand up and express in any matter I deem necessary my feelings and/or thoughts.
Educated people do not limit their resources because of some arbitrary sense of what is or is not in vogue at the time. I think the more you understand and read the better you will be at what ever it is you do.
I hope you and I have an understanding, you may disagree, just do it in a matter that does not reflect ill on your fellow friends and umpires.

yawetag
04-17-2010, 05:54 AM
I can not find any scorekeeper silence provision in FED. There is one that says the umpire shall remain silent if a scorekeeper or fan calls a BOO to his attention and only respond if the defense appeals.

All I see is "defensive personnel." I would guess it's umpire judgment on whether to count the scorekeeper as personnel.

finnerty
05-23-2010, 03:37 PM
I am new here, but not to the game or the job, and when I sense someone trying to make me look like a fool or someone who knows nothing, I will stand up and express in any matter I deem necessary my feelings and/or thoughts.
Educated people do not limit their resources because of some arbitrary sense of what is or is not in vogue at the time. I think the more you understand and read the better you will be at what ever it is you do.
I hope you and I have an understanding, you may disagree, just do it in a matter that does not reflect ill on your fellow friends and umpires.

You may be new, but you have nailed it, sir.

Tim C. is a long-established umpire with an exclusive attitude about the craft. He is not quite open to the natural evolution that umpiring undergoes, nor is he especially accepting of umpires who do not fit his time-honored mold.

I have been in this game for decades at all levels on the field, in the dugout and in the press box. Now I'm on the field again as an umpire. I have seen guys like Tim at every level of the game, sounding all exclusive and keeping their cards close to their vest. If you just ignore some of the crusty traditionalist in Tim C., you'll get to absorb more of his core message, which is generally invaluable. Guys like him test you, and if you tough out the test, you'll get rewarded with the sharing of advanced knowledge part of the program.

Tim_C
05-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Polar:

First I will post and react ANYWAY I feel appropriate. Don't ever tell me how to comment.

Do me a favor:

Go to any professional umpire school.

After the original round of introductions raise your hand and and ask the following:

"Excuse me, I have a question about Rule 10?"

You will find out just how correct I am.

Rule 10 is for score keepers and the idiots that play Fantasy Baseball.

T

heyblue26
05-26-2010, 10:24 PM
Now Tim_C, I agree with you on what you said about rule 10. Could care less about it because as you have said it's all covered in the first 9. But I do enjoy playing fantasy baseball but I could care less while playing it about rule 10.

scorekeep
05-28-2010, 09:12 PM
I know some of you guys will get pissed at a newbie and admitted non-umpire daring to comment, but here goes with no malice intended.

Speaking specifically of OBR, of course an umpire doesnít need to be concerned with rule 10. The rule pertains to only the OSK, who is a game official, equal in stature to the umpire(s). Umpires only need to be concerned with game conduct rules, and OSKís only need to be concerned with scoring the game according to the scoring rules. Its just that simple.

The only thing that clouds the issue a bit, is that a scorer often has to look in other parts of the rulebook to do his/her job correctly. The best example of that is the definition of Ordinary Effort which resides in rule 2.00, and there are other definitions there that a scorer has to understand.

Personally, I donít know the game conduct rules like an umpire, but I guarantee I know them far better than most players, coaches, and certainly those who are only fans. Its not that I wouldnít like to know them, but since Iím a paraplegic, Iím never gonna be out on the field, so Iím not gonna get all caught up in balks, interference, dead balls, or anything else that I donít need to do my job.

Now that Iíve hopefully established a mutual respect for groups of folks who have worked hard to learn their craft, let me make something abundantly clear. Iíve scored one heck of a lot of games, and while in general terms umpires know their craft better than the other participants know theirs, including scorekeepers, there are a few of us who know what weíre doing too, and yíall could certainly make our job a lot easier with just a tiny bit of effort. ;)

But I wonít go there, and I wonít complain here. Wrong venue. But I will say that most people who score games do not understand the scoring rules, and thatís a shame. What its caused, is a lack of faith in the statistics generated at almost every level, but worse the lower you go. The thing is though, that same paradigm goes on with the players, the coaches, and the umpires as well.

polar1955
05-28-2010, 09:39 PM
I know some of you guys will get pissed at a newbie and admitted non-umpire daring to comment, but here goes with no malice intended.

Speaking specifically of OBR, of course an umpire doesnít need to be concerned with rule 10. The rule pertains to only the OSK, who is a game official, equal in stature to the umpire(s). Umpires only need to be concerned with game conduct rules, and OSKís only need to be concerned with scoring the game according to the scoring rules. Its just that simple.

The only thing that clouds the issue a bit, is that a scorer often has to look in other parts of the rulebook to do his/her job correctly. The best example of that is the definition of Ordinary Effort which resides in rule 2.00, and there are other definitions there that a scorer has to understand.

Personally, I donít know the game conduct rules like an umpire, but I guarantee I know them far better than most players, coaches, and certainly those who are only fans. Its not that I wouldnít like to know them, but since Iím a paraplegic, Iím never gonna be out on the field, so Iím not gonna get all caught up in balks, interference, dead balls, or anything else that I donít need to do my job.

Now that Iíve hopefully established a mutual respect for groups of folks who have worked hard to learn their craft, let me make something abundantly clear. Iíve scored one heck of a lot of games, and while in general terms umpires know their craft better than the other participants know theirs, including scorekeepers, there are a few of us who know what weíre doing too, and yíall could certainly make our job a lot easier with just a tiny bit of effort. ;)

But I wonít go there, and I wonít complain here. Wrong venue. But I will say that most people who score games do not understand the scoring rules, and thatís a shame. What its caused, is a lack of faith in the statistics generated at almost every level, but worse the lower you go. The thing is though, that same paradigm goes on with the players, the coaches, and the umpires as well.

Happy you take part in the game...maybe you could become a scout for team(s) at some point. :)

scorekeep
05-28-2010, 10:19 PM
Happy you take part in the game...maybe you could become a scout for team(s) at some point. :)

HAH! I have just about as much respect for that group as I do for any other. ;)

Thereís certainly a lot of good ones, but Iíve never considered myself a good judge of future success without having some kind of valid numbers to look at to get a feeling of what to expect. And as I said, to say the least, its not a sure thing to look at the numbers available for HS players and/or most college players and see valid numbers.

I know it doesnít mean a lot to a bunch of umpires, but something that I think screws the numbers up for pitchers and catchers especially, is the lack of ability for so many people to not understand the difference between a passed ball and a wild pitch. Then to make it even more difficult, the different rule books define those things differently.

The main trouble I see is that a wild pitch is defined in such a way that in HS its easier to a pitcher to get away with a rotten pitch and a catcher to get wanged than it is in the ML!

In MLB a ball that touches the ground or the plate anywhere and the catcher doesnít handle it, is an automatic WP. But in HS, the ball has to hit the ground in front of home plate to be an automatic WP. Let me tell ya, most scorers not only donít know or understand that, the majority of scorers will call all balls passed balls because they understand it to be that the ball passed the catcher. ;)

All in all, I truly just enjoy scoring the game and playing with the stats.

Rich_Ives
05-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Polar:

First I will post and react ANYWAY I feel appropriate. Don't ever tell me how to comment.

Do me a favor:

Go to any professional umpire school.

After the original round of introductions raise your hand and and ask the following:

"Excuse me, I have a question about Rule 10?"

You will find out just how correct I am.

Rule 10 is for score keepers and the idiots that play Fantasy Baseball.

T

Ask this:

"I've heard that the official scorekeeper is not allowed to reveal a batting out of order situation. Where can I find that rule?" :mrgreen:

Tim_C
05-30-2010, 07:57 PM
Rich:

The answer also lies in case books and interpretation manuals.

Actually, I would not expect this question at any level I ever worked.

I don't do baby sitting games.

T

Rich_Ives
05-31-2010, 02:23 AM
Rich:

T

Many folks do officiate "baby sitting" games and need to know- because that's where it's most likely to be an issue.

BTW, I did a e-search on "scorekeeper" in the MLBUM, and JEA. Can't find the question answered there. It's only in rule 10 in the actual rule book - which has the case book incorporated.. A visual of J/R finds no mention. Doesn't seem to be in the PBUC either.

Just where in the case boks and interpretation manuals is it now?

Tim_C
05-31-2010, 03:11 AM
I really have no intent to continuing wasting my time in a conversation with a rat.

There are more "publications" than you mentioned.

I am tired of your bu11shit.

T

Dano
05-31-2010, 03:58 PM
Rich:

T

Hmmmmmmm..
Well.

AA Legion

Local director is the score keeper / announcer.

Batter comes up for the HOME TEAM.

Strike one called.

Local director comes over the loud speaker system and announces this batter is batting out of order.

Tim_C
05-31-2010, 04:47 PM
So Dano, you're working Calvin Ball now . . . what a shame.

Was the announcer ejected on the spot.

He would have been during a 'real game."

T

Dano
05-31-2010, 08:03 PM
So Dano, you're working Calvin Ball now . . . what a shame.

Was the announcer ejected on the spot.

He would have been during a 'real game."

T

AA is Calvin ball?

Hmmmm...

Tim_C
05-31-2010, 08:26 PM
No Dano.

What is amazin' is EVERYTIME there is a strong disagreement on this site "someone" comes up with an anecdotal (with no possiblity to be proven) example that supports the agressive poster.

So here it is, I'll not mince words:

Your example is made up. False. Done just to prove the wierd side of this argument.

Was I clear enough?

Did you have the balls to dump the announcer?

T

scorekeep
05-31-2010, 08:46 PM
I really have no intent to continuing wasting my time in a conversation with a rat.

This is exactly the kind of crap that I see both coaches and umpire pull, when they think that for some reason their $hit doesnít stink, and theyíre superior to not just everyone not in their little group, but to most of that group as well. Its horsecrap!

What is so difficult about simply admitting you donít know everything about every rule of baseball thatís in the book? Do you think its gonna cause you to lose respect at games and suddenly participants are gonna treat you with the same lack of respect you treat others, even your peers?

If its so difficult to be civil, why not just stop participating in venues like this one? I canít believe that in less than a week Iím going to be putting someone on my ignore list! Jeez! People come to places like this for enlightenment and camaraderie, and what do you give them? Not just attitude of snotty superiority, but you deprecate people who are at worst your peers.

Solsaa
05-31-2010, 09:04 PM
Late to the party, but here are some parameters for BOO appeals.

6.07(b): When an improper batter becomes a runner or is put out, and the defensive team appeals to the umpire ...... (emphasis mine)

6.07(d) Comment: The umpire shall not direct the attention of any person to the presence in the batter's box of an improper batter. This rule is designed to require constant vigilance by the players and managers of both teams.

Hence, unless the improper batter is still at bat, only the defensive team may appeal the infraction. Unless the scorekeepper is in the dugout, in uniform, and part of the team, he has no business relaying any sort of information.

Tim_C
06-01-2010, 12:37 AM
Wow Scorekeeper am I impressed.

Not really.

I would suggest that I know ALL the rules in the book better than you.

Please add me to your ignore list. I like to post to umpires.

The game can be played easily without Official scorekeepers. Go to eTeamZ where you fit.

BTW Scorie I'm trying to figure this out: Why would I possibly care about ANYTHING you think.

T

Dano
06-01-2010, 02:01 AM
No Dano.

What is amazin' is EVERYTIME there is a strong disagreement on this site "someone" comes up with an anecdotal (with no possiblity to be proven) example that supports the agressive poster.

So here it is, I'll not mince words:

Your example is made up. False. Done just to prove the wierd side of this argument.

Was I clear enough?

Did you have the balls to dump the announcer?

T

First you claim I am a liar.. then ask if I dumped the guy...

Make up your mind Timmeh...

Oh and btw.. I DO NOT LIE.

scorekeep
06-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Wow Scorekeeper am I impressed.

Not really.

I would suggest that I know ALL the rules in the book better than you.

Please add me to your ignore list. I like to post to umpires.

The game can be played easily without Official scorekeepers. Go to eTeamZ where you fit.

BTW Scorie I'm trying to figure this out: Why would I possibly care about ANYTHING you think.

T

Well, Iím not very much impressed with you either.

You see, I donít need to have knowledge of ALL the rules because Iím not an umpire! But Iíd bet dollars to doughnuts, youíd come out in 3rd place in a race between you and I when it came to rule 10.

Youíre wrong about the game being played easily without OSKs. In fact, if there were no reason to keep score, thereíd be no reason for umpires. You wouldnít have a job if it werenít that the game was being recorded! Thereís be no point in playing it and people would go to other sports. Statistics come from scorebooks, and statistics are BASEBALL!

And just as I thought youíd do after only reading a few of your posts, when challenged you started with the name-calling like a little child who hasnít developed either the intellect or vocabulary to have a civil conversation with someone with whom they disagree.

Scorie indeed. Well Tiny Timmy, what do you want to do now that you know your peers wonít defend you either? Do you feel like the big man now?

And why would you conceivably think that a few words on a computer screen written by someone whom Iíll likely never come in contact with, would intimidate me? What a colossal conceited boor you are.

Rich_Ives
06-01-2010, 06:08 PM
6.07(d) Comment: The umpire shall not direct the attention of any person to the presence in the batter's box of an improper batter. This rule is designed to require constant vigilance by the players and managers of both teams.

Unless the scorekeepper is in the dugout, in uniform, and part of the team, he has no business relaying any sort of information.

Neither does the umpire, so why is he covered in the rule and not the official scorekeeper? Maybe because the scorekeeper is covered in rule 10?

The fans can relay the info. That's legal. The rules (6 and 10) specifically prohibit game officials from relaying the info - due to their having the official order at hand.

Rich_Ives
06-01-2010, 06:22 PM

T

Tim - you advocate ignoring rule 10.

Fine - that's your opinion and you're entitled to hold it.

Why does your holding of that viewpoint mean no one else is allowed to care?

If you really don't give a RA about rule 10 why are you wasting your own time even looking at this part of the board, let alone taking time to reply?

Your horse's legs are way too long Tim - get a new one.

Tim_C
06-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Gee Rich,

I was busy filming the last two days (man those 14 hour days kill ya) and missed your drivel.

'Real Umires' understand the discussion. Rats don't get it.

I will continue to post about anything I want whenever I want.

Idiots (much like 'Scorekeeper") are what soil umpire sites.

I will always go back to my original thought:

Go to a professional umpire school and ask a question concering Rule 10.

After the laughter you'll have to work extra hard to not finish LAST in class.

T

Tim_C
06-03-2010, 01:23 PM
oh, oh Scorie . . . you are such a MAN.

Trust me:

I know more about baseball, scoring, rules and play than you'll ever dream to know.

I am the consumate EXPERT.

LOL!

You take me seriously, now that's funny.

Go sit on the end of the bench in the dark.

T

BTW:

Not sure how to note the humor I find in some idiots. And now we have liars on the board also.

Whew, maybe it is time to take a break.

t

Dano
06-03-2010, 02:42 PM
Looks like someone needs counseling for their inferiority complex....

scorekeep
06-03-2010, 04:35 PM
oh, oh Scorie . . . you are such a MAN.

Trust me:

I know more about baseball, scoring, rules and play than you'll ever dream to know.

I am the consumate EXPERT.

LOL!

You take me seriously, now that's funny.

Go sit on the end of the bench in the dark.

T

BTW:

Not sure how to note the humor I find in some idiots. And now we have liars on the board also.

Whew, maybe it is time to take a break.

Trust you? What have you ever done to earn enough respect from anyone to trust you? Youíre a braggart, a blowhard, and offer no proof other than your word that know jack about anything.

The only thing youíre the consummate expert in, seems most likely to be as described in the History of the World, Part I, a bull$hit artist. You would certainly be able to get paid because youíve certainly at least tried to bull$hit for at least several days now.

Iím so sorry to soil your precious forum, but I think Iíll wait for others with more clout than a bull$hit artist, and a pretty weak one at that, to say the same thing before I get offended.

Rather than trying to be humorous, you might try a bit of humility.

Solsaa
06-04-2010, 08:01 PM
The fans can relay the info. That's legal.

:rolleyes:

Dano
06-05-2010, 11:10 PM
I would like to clarify something about the event that I related.

First of all.. my post was not directed at anyone.. it was merely pointing out the fact.. that at least in my neck of the woods.. this HAS happened.

3 years ago.

AA Legion Ball.

Batter is in the box and a strike is thrown and called.
Person comes over the PA speaker system and says this batter is batting out of order.

The batter is called out (which at the time I thought was the right call and now know it is not).

This was the HOME TEAM.

I was the BU.

My partner, who was the PU, is the UIC of the local umpires for Legion ball in my area.

The person over the loud speaker was the HEAD of the local Legion ball and is one of the state Commissioners.

No action was taken against him... would have been really awkward to throw him out... and to be honest.. I had no clue about any of this until reading this thread.

heyblue26
06-06-2010, 01:49 AM
That is one reason I have looked at the rule ten about 3 years ago and now can't find it. Dano That is really something Nothing happened to the Offical and head of the legion ball in your area and a state commissioner. Sounds like he knows Bud S.