PDA

View Full Version : Good young umpires

umpirelance
08-10-2008, 04:26 AM
Hello. This is Lance Cokalinski. I had a chance to see some fine umpiring last night. I watch an Atlantic League game. I was impressed at how these youngsters move all over the field. I was yelling at the first base ump all night, trying to get his attention so I could find out where their dressing room was. I brought my dry erase board in hopes of sharing my ideas with these young bucks. I am a little disappointed that the ump ignored me. Anyway, I guarantee that one of these umps will be in the big leagues soon.

If anyway has any questions, let me know.

Lance Cokalinski
Game umpired to date: 298

mazzamouth
08-10-2008, 04:38 AM
Hello. This is Lance Cokalinski. I had a chance to see some fine umpiring last night. I watch an Atlantic League game. I was impressed at how these youngsters move all over the field. I was yelling at the first base ump all night, trying to get his attention so I could find out where their dressing room was. I brought my dry erase board in hopes of sharing my ideas with these young bucks. I am a little disappointed that the ump ignored me. Anyway, I guarantee that one of these umps will be in the big leagues soon.

If anyway has any questions, let me know.

Lance Cokalinski
Game umpired to date: 298

You really didn't expect these Umpires to really talk to you as a fan right?... Sounds like they were trained well.

BigUmp56
08-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Sounds like they were trained well.

Not really. There are sooo many things missing from the repertoire of an MiLB umpire that has yet to attend a Cokalinski combine, that they are certainly not considered even moderately trained.................

Tim.

Welpe
08-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Lance, I think you should've approached them between innings with dry erase board in hand. Get on the field if necessary. They will have to pay attention to you then.

lawump
08-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Lance,

That's what you get with "independent league" umpires. Friggin' clueless.