PDA

View Full Version : Self-ejection

dash_riprock
06-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Musial game (no age limit, but you must have WAY too much testosterone):

After a weak AB (a flare to F4), batter throws the bat against the fence. Bat rebounds and knocks out 2 of his front teeth (actually broke them off). I let him slide on the ejection since he had to leave anyway. Was I too lenient? No one else was at risk of being hit by the thrown bat.

archipelligo
06-16-2008, 03:50 PM
You could have mentioned to him that had he used a titanium bat, it might have killed him instead of just ruining his day, that would have made him feel better. ( I assume they use wood, the Musial leagues around here used to)

dash_riprock
06-16-2008, 04:05 PM
It was metal bat (we have 4 divisions - 2 wood, 2 metal).

This kid (probably mid-30s) is generally a good guy. Usually catches both ends of a DH and I've never had a problem with him.

CoachJM
06-16-2008, 04:13 PM
8)

dash,

This is what is known as "instant karma". No need to eject.

JM

BrianC14
06-16-2008, 04:46 PM
It was metal bat (we have 4 divisions - 2 wood, 2 metal).

This kid (probably mid-30s) is generally a good guy. Usually catches both ends of a DH and I've never had a problem with him.

I'm trying to picture how old you might be... :wink: Referring to someone as a 'kid', when the guy is in his mid 30s made me laugh :lol: - - I hope to reach an age where I'd feel OK calling a 35 year old a "kid". (And I'm now 50....) :wink:

In my association, we call this "Men's Little League". It sounds to me as though this "kid" needs to get over the fact that he's not a hot prospect anymore.

dash_riprock
06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
We have a name for it too - Stan Miserable, and you're right - many of them need to realize that there are no scouts in the stands (especially D2 metal bat).

The D1 wood can be very good baseball - college players and some former pros. A lot of umps avoid it like the plague. I enjoy it. The fee is $75/game (7 innings). If you give them a good game and act like you want to be there, they will leave you alone. If you are lazy or arrogant, you can be in for a long night, and you probably deserve it.

Welpe
06-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Considering he almost made himself a Darwin Award Candidate, I'd say that is punishment enough. Here I thought "All I want for Christmas" just applied to kids. 8O

HoosierBlue
06-19-2008, 06:40 AM
8)

dash,
This is what is known as "instant karma". No need to eject.
JM

This is also known as a GODSMACK.

Similar to when you cuss at someone for not using their turn signal just as you run into a mailbox.