PDA

View Full Version : Regional Tourney- Not one ejection!!!

umpjmb
07-28-2005, 04:16 AM
:D Just finished the Cal Ripken 12 yo Southwest Region Tourney Monday. Proud to say that during the tourney of 18 games, our crew had not a single ejection. The crew, coaches and players all deserve a round of applause! JB

barton
07-28-2005, 03:34 PM
I think coaches and players really try hard to behave themselves at tournments at such a high levels. Additionally, a team that has advanced that far is a consistent winner. You can't consistently win games unless your team has the horses to hit, catch, throw and pitch. A consistent winner can't get very far whining, begging and bating umpires for calls. Consistent winners learn to do their arguing with their bats.

At the same time the tournament directors will urge the umpires to not be too quick on the trigger. I have a good friend who worked the LLWS a few years back. He told me that he was told that if they eject any non-American player or coach the first thing the director must do is call the US State Department to let them know! No pressure there!

killdump
08-25-2005, 04:52 AM
I did the 16 year old Babe Ruth Southwest Regional(Softball), and we didn't have any ejections either. Alot of great ball though.