PDA

View Full Version : ejection

ajjl22
05-31-2005, 01:46 AM
this one happend last summer, but I thought you would get a laugh out of it. 9/10 yr old rec league (I was doing a favor for my assignor). it was later in the game and this player was all smiles the whole day and just happy to be playing baseball. he ended up striking out on a pitch on the inside corner and to my surprise started huffing and puffing to the dugout. Once he reached the dugout he threw his helmet against the fence. Then he came back out of the dugout, came about 10 feet towards me and yelled "you suck" I did everything in my power not to laugh, walked over and told the coach he was ejected.

OzUmp
05-31-2005, 07:23 AM
9/10 yr old rec league (I was doing a favor for my assignor).

Why the need to rationalize to us why you were working a LL game. You should be proud to do any game you are assigned. As I have stated before; the little ones especially need good umpires. Are you ashamed to call a LL game? The kid got it right: YOU SUCK!

SocalBlue1
05-31-2005, 07:47 AM
Ozz,

I chuckled at many of your posts in the past. This one made me realize what an unmitigated, absolute moron you are.

JonUmp
05-31-2005, 08:02 AM
:P

OzUmp
05-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Ozz,

I chuckled at many of your posts in the past. This one made me realize what an unmitigated, absolute moron you are.

Unmitigated is a dangerous word to use about someone you don't know. What is it about this particular post that made you come to this conclusion? Now I am the one chuckling.

startthecar
05-31-2005, 09:00 AM
ajjl:
our fraternity needs more guys like you. Sadly, too many think they shouldn't even be asked to work a little guys game saturday morning because they did the HS playoff game the previous day.
our friend from down under was partially right -- maybe for the wrong reasons. kudos to the you for being there when you are needed and i'm sure setting an example for the kids working younger levels.

ajjl22
05-31-2005, 10:59 AM
hey ozz,
If you want the whole story...

This was a saturday morning, 9 am. I got the call the night before at 10 pm and drove an hour to get there to work the games (triple header) on one of my 3 scheduled saturdays off in the summer. I am not ashamed to work little league, it is just not the level I usually work.

j3rseyBoy
05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Sadly, too many think they shouldn't even be asked to work a little guys game saturday morning because they did the HS playoff game the previous day.
The problem is the other way around: working the plate on the HS playoff game after the nose-to-toes LL game.

fwump
05-31-2005, 02:53 PM
unmitigated: Without qualification or exception; absolute.

Sounds about right.

Mike

fwump
05-31-2005, 02:54 PM
unmitigated: Without qualification or exception; absolute.

Sounds about right.

Mike