PDA

View Full Version : Overactive Bladder

TheUmp
02-12-2004, 06:20 AM
Any suggestions for an overactive bladder, Three hour games are a long time between potty stops

TR6ump
02-12-2004, 03:51 PM
I know there is a drug, my wife took it for a while. Have you talked to your meddie doc?

Kevin

Richard_Siegel
02-12-2004, 04:50 PM
It is important to be well hydrated, espcially on a on hot day. You should do alot of drinking (water only) about 6 hrs before the game and drink nothing more after 2 hrs before the game. All of the excess water will leave your body over the two hours and your body will still be well-hydrated.

On a cool day do the game without drinking. On a hot day, during the game take only a few sips just a few times. That water will go right to your cells and nothing will be left to pee. Your body produces urine continuously, whether you drink or not. The more you drink the faster your bladder will fill and urge you to go.

Studies have shown that good hydration is directly linked to your clarity of judgment and and even the accuracy of your eye sight. However, if you are ususally well hydrated during the day and you have been well hydrated just up to the time you stopped drinking, your body will have alot of reserve water in your cells to minimize the effect of water lose during the game.

I would gladly trade a 4 or 5% deterioration in my judgment for the security of knowning I won't have to work the last hour of the game struggling with the urge to pee! That kind of distraction could even have a worse effect on my judgment !

After doing over 1200 games I can say that I only remember once having to leave the field to pee between innings.

RBS

chavezravine1433
11-05-2004, 05:06 AM
I drink water continuously, and do not care if I need to hit the john. Being smart about staying hydrated trumps any delay caused by a potty break.

Richard_Siegel
11-05-2004, 02:28 PM
I drink water continuously, and do not care if I need to hit the john. Being smart about staying hydrated trumps any delay caused by a potty break.

I completely agree, if you're working at a site where a bathroom is withon easy access to the field. However, many games I do are at fields where there is no bathroom at all, like a HS on the weekend where the building is closed up or a park with no facilities at all. In some cases if there is a bathroom it is more than a 5 minute walk from the field. I can't imagine telling my partner that I have to use the john and dissappear for 12 minutes!

RBS

Canadaump6
11-19-2006, 12:21 AM
I hate when I always have to pee.

umpduck11
11-19-2006, 12:25 AM

This post proves that you are nothing more than a post-whoring troll.
Why is there no ignore buton here ? :twisted:

Canadaump6
11-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Umpduck: This is a quote I wrote a couple weeks back:

"Presutti will continue to build his park and make his facilities better for the enjoyment of everyone. The only way a business can grow is if it gets profits."

I still don't see any reply to it in the Cooperstown Dreams Park post.

AugieDonatelli
11-19-2006, 02:12 AM

"Presutti will continue to build his park and make his facilities better for the enjoyment of everyone. The only way a business can grow is if it gets profits."

Why don't you prove you're not a friggin' troll, and quit pulling up dead threads and posting to them. We don't do that here. This thread died of natural causes, and then you come along and try to give it CPR. WTF is your problem? :evil:

umpduck11
11-19-2006, 02:35 AM

And you won't see one. LMan is correct, you are a troll, and will continue to be until people stop responding to you. I shall lead the charge, and
challenge the rest of the non-idiot readers ( I.E. not you) to do the same.

BigUmp56
11-19-2006, 04:24 AM

Do you really think this comment of yours added anything to the discussion?

Tim.

Canadaump6
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
I was kind of asking for advice guys. I find it hard to keep hydrated, at the same time as not having to use the bathroom.

wonderbread
11-19-2006, 09:36 PM
I was kind of asking for advice guys. I find it hard to keep hydrated, at the same time as not having to use the bathroom.

Drink Gatorade, not water. It's the same ratio of electrolytes and water as your boy naturally contains so taking it in doesn't make your body think you have a ton of extra fluid that needs to be expelled. This tidbit was given to a friend of mine during his MCAT prep course.

Also, try growing a big-boy bladder.

HugoTafurst
11-19-2006, 09:37 PM
Any suggestions for an overactive bladder, Three hour games are a long time between potty stops

A specially designed cup?
Under-armour tights to capture undesired drips? :D

wonderbread
11-19-2006, 09:38 PM

A specially designed cup?
Under-armour tights to capture undesired drips? :D

Call more strikes. Ball games should be 2 hours or less.

Canadaump6
11-19-2006, 09:40 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look into more gatorade, keep working out the bladder muscles, and make use of a large cup when behind the plate.

Canadaump6
11-19-2006, 09:40 PM
I can't even make it through a 1 hour 45 minute game sometimes.

AugieDonatelli
11-19-2006, 09:54 PM
In that case, you need to wear Depends.

Canadaump6
12-15-2006, 09:22 AM
Another thing that helps is filling up a water bottle, letting it sit in the freezer until it is frozen, then take it to the game. Drinking it as the water melts will guarantee that you don't drink too much at one time, so that your cells will have enough time to take in the water.

BigUmp56
12-15-2006, 11:00 PM
I don't have a link for you right now, but there's been a study released by Johns Hopkins University that claims freezing water in a plastic bottle is a potential cancer causing risk. The study showed that a certain amount of petroleum by-product leaked into the water as it thawed.

Tim.

SJC_Blue
12-15-2006, 11:05 PM
Buy some depends :)

AugieDonatelli
12-15-2006, 11:23 PM
SJC,

Can I sue you for plagerism? :lol:

killdump
01-13-2007, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the advice guys. I'll look into more gatorade, keep working out the bladder muscles, and make use of a large cup when behind the plate.
I'm sorry for starting this dead topic back up, but I just had to post something here....

It is not wise to drink too much Gatorade, and use it as a replacement for water. You should drink a bottle of it to replenish your body of lost electrolytes, and continue to drink water. Too much of that stuff will mess with your kidneys.

BigUmp56
01-13-2007, 04:32 PM
It is not wise to drink too much Gatorade, and use it as a replacement for water. You should drink a bottle of it to replenish your body of lost electrolytes, and continue to drink water. Too much of that stuff will mess with your kidneys.

I'm curious where you got this information. I drink quite a lot of Gatorade year round and I've never heard this before.

Tim.

killdump
01-15-2007, 07:21 PM

I'm curious where you got this information. I drink quite a lot of Gatorade year round and I've never heard this before.

Tim.A couple yers ago, we had a trainer from one of the local colleges come to one of our clinics, and he told us that.

I do know that too much of certain vitimans or minerals in your body can prove to be fatal (like potassium for instance), so I figured that he knew what he was talking about.

I as well, drink a fair share of Gatorade (red being the best) all year round, but I won't substitue it for water, if I am out doing a tournament or something, especially during the summer. I will drink some gatorade when I am feeling dehydrated (20 oz. bpttle), and nothing but water after that.

killdump
01-16-2007, 05:43 PM
I did some reading up on the subject of drinking too much Gatorade, and it seems that opinions have changed oevr the past couple of years. They now say that too much Gatorade more harmful for those who are not active, than those who are active. They still recoomend that you don't drink so much gatorade, but only because it's bad for your teeth (I read that it does more damage to yuor teeth than Coca Cola...imagine that), as well as being high in Carbohydrates, which could make you gain weight, and lead to health problems from that. So I guess that as long as you are active, that you are gonna be alright.