PDA

View Full Version : ALCS Game 5-Jeff Nelson

VTponyump
10-14-2011, 10:21 PM
For those of you just tuning in, Jeff Nelson missed TWO pitches in last night's Detroit/Texas game.

According to Pitch F/X, that is a stunning 98.7% called pitch accuracy.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/893477-alcs-game-5-rangers-tigers-plate-umpire-falls-two-pitches-short-of-perfect-game

heyblue26
10-14-2011, 11:41 PM
As I read this article and it mentioned you get behind the plate for a 9 inning MLB game and call balls and strikes no easy task by any means. Everyone is an expert saying that he missed out of a possible 300 pitches or more two calls that they didn't think were the right. get a life. With that percentage 98.7 I think he did a great job and yes the umpires leave the field always unnoticed. No machine will ever take the place of the human element calling balls and strikes.

Jeff Nelson Great job.

johnnyg08
10-17-2011, 04:02 AM
As I read this article and it mentioned you get behind the plate for a 9 inning MLB game and call balls and strikes no easy task by any means. Everyone is an expert saying that he missed out of a possible 300 pitches or more two calls that they didn't think were the right. get a life. With that percentage 98.7 I think he did a great job and yes the umpires leave the field always unnoticed. No machine will ever take the place of the human element calling balls and strikes.

Jeff Nelson Great job.

Sums it up quite nicely.